It is currently Thu 02 May, 2024 - 11:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr, 2012 - 1:02 pm 
Admin

Hawknet Computing will be experiencing some downtime this weekend (14/04/12 - 15/04/12) Wednesday (18/04/12) due to the relocation of myself and Chris. We do not know when or if it will be back online, but we will try our best to keep it going.

This means that all of our services will be offline. The websites, forums, and all our servers will be offline. We do have a Facebook page, and we will be trying to use that to keep you all up to date through that.

If the worst comes to the worst, we have thoroughly enjoyed running this service for you, and if we can, we will be back in the future. I would like to thank each and every one of you for your contributions to our community. Without you, we wouldn't have became as popular as we have. It suprised me as to how quickly this took off, and I thank you all.

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr, 2012 - 1:42 pm 
Agent

hawknet might be... going? nooo... D:
i hope it doesn't stay down too long... hawknet can't dissapear!

Leader of the Might City of Varlos

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr, 2012 - 2:02 pm 
Artisan

The fact that you did choose to right the last part scares me. It shows that there is a credible chance of Hawknet being terminated. I really don't want to lose Hawknet as this is the only server I'm familiar with and enjoy. I do hope Hawknet stays and is only offline for a small amount of time and I'm sure a lot of people would love to stick and play with the community we have and also because our server is so unique. Our server is so different and incomparable to other servers and I'd hate to lose that ^.^

But I do hope we still have Hawknet, and good luck with all ^.^

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr, 2012 - 4:49 pm 
Admin

If Hawknet does need to go offline for an extended period of time, do not consider us 'dead'. We love being able to provide these services to you, and would hate to pull them offline, however we need to get our physical selves in a solid place first. We may be able to keep the server at a temporary location where the access to it is purely remote, however the location I had in mind may not have a constant internet supply, or power supply, so there may be times when it goes down. It also will not have as much internet as we have now, and so throttles will need to be applied to the player counts to keep it happy for everyone who has joined.

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr, 2012 - 6:17 pm 
Assistant

Make sure to take that super computer^^. At least the steam group should remain untouched, right?

~Ask not what your server can do for you. Ask what you can do for your server~

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr, 2012 - 6:43 pm 
Agent

I hope that you two can get into a stable place in your lives and live them fully. I also hope hawknet doesn't go down permentantly as well. As it has got me through some bad times in my life and brought me back from the "edge" as it were. The server in turn has been a huge influence on my life ever sence I joined and I hoped it could be like that for others as well, but who knows it might still be one. You had mentioned before that you two were trying to get your life sorted out though and because of this I am going to request that you get everything in order before starting the server back up(thats if) as it could cause added stress. So in short I would like to thank you both for hosting such a great server.

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr, 2012 - 8:54 pm 
Super Operator

Honestly don't know what to post here but I felt I should post something.
First off, I wish both of you the best of luck and I also hope that Hawknet doesn't... Well. Doesn't. If you know what I mean. Yeah. I'dunno what I'd do without you all .__. Anyway again, good luck and... yeah.
(Derppost)

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr, 2012 - 10:08 pm 
Assistant

Hope everything works out ok, Also I imagine the hawknet steam group will still be active so it will still be a viable contact method. Good Luck in your move Zion and County.

PostPosted: Fri 13 Apr, 2012 - 1:36 am 
Architect

Darn eet D:
I was hoping to be on Hawknet a lot this weekend. I hope that Hawknet will never ever shut down for good seeing it as a safe haven for me. Away from the world o3o and away from trouble.

TEAM RED
Members:
EnderKing (FloatingFatMan)
Walrus Prince (TheJamMammoth)
jazzi

Castellan of the Timelords

PostPosted: Fri 13 Apr, 2012 - 2:47 am 
Admin

I'm saddened to hear this, but i wish you the best of luck. I've enjoyed playing minecraft with you guys, and i won't forget any of you. With that said, i hope to play on hawknet freebuild another day.

Long live Hawknet!

PostPosted: Fri 13 Apr, 2012 - 3:03 am 
Super Operator

First off, I hope everything works out for the both of you. Hopefully the server will return, but if it doesn't I'd like to thank both of you for putting up a truly great server. I've had lots of fun playing with everyone and it will be sad to see it go. Hawknet has been a huge part of my life and I'll never forget my time here, or anyone I have played with.

Good Luck both of you and hope to see you all on the server again! ;)

PostPosted: Fri 13 Apr, 2012 - 1:22 pm 
Admin

No matter what happens always look on the brighter side and enjoy the plesures life has to offer.
Zion, Chris, Know that however long Hawknet is gone for I shall be waiting, even if it should take all of eternity.

So what ever happens beyound this point I can only wish you both the best of luck in your future endevours.

Truth is: I became bored of Minecraft and have played it less and less over time but once Hawknet goes I will likly not play Minecraft at all. That said, I'd like to play with you guys again some time wether it be via my newly set up Xbox Live account (yes it's taken me this long to decide to have Xbox LIVE) or via my Younger brother newly set up Steam account. You see the best thing about any game isn't the gameplay or the graphics, but rather the people you can play with over long distances.

Vanguard Card Fighter - Grade 1

PostPosted: Fri 13 Apr, 2012 - 1:50 pm 
Agent

i might aswell say something better...

i hope zion and chris that you manage to move safely and if hawknet goes, as ogara said, i'll be waiting however long it'll take for it to come back, hawknet has changed my life massivly, aand in a good way, i've had so much good fun and if hawknet goes, i'll probably not play multiplayer minecraft again... without hawknet my life is petty miserable, thank you both zion and chris for such an awesome server, and good luck with moving house

Leader of the Might City of Varlos

PostPosted: Sat 14 Apr, 2012 - 7:19 am 
Agent

This is very depressing to hear this, but in the end your lives and finances are more important than the server, if this is goodbye, then I would like to say a huge thankyou for bringing this community together as you have and putting so much time and effort in as you have, I am ever so grateful as are many others Im sure, but I am an optimistic person and will keep trying to get on everyday, I know you guys will try your best to get the server back up so heres to hoping :) Thanks Zion and County

PostPosted: Sat 14 Apr, 2012 - 12:47 pm 
Admin

We are at our temporary location now in Liverpool, we have not taken the server with us due to the plan of this lasting for the weekend. we will see what happens and keep you updated.

PostPosted: Sat 14 Apr, 2012 - 7:46 pm 
Architect

YAY!!!
More Hawknet!

TEAM RED
Members:
EnderKing (FloatingFatMan)
Walrus Prince (TheJamMammoth)
jazzi

Castellan of the Timelords

PostPosted: Sat 14 Apr, 2012 - 8:46 pm 
Architect

when hawknet goes down (if it goes down) i will be checking the facebook page. would someone mind directing it to me please? thank you for your service zion and country!

PostPosted: Sat 14 Apr, 2012 - 8:49 pm 
Agent

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hawknet- ... 3353288496

PostPosted: Sat 14 Apr, 2012 - 10:36 pm 
Super Operator

There's still hope! XD
*Fluttershy Yay*

PostPosted: Sun 15 Apr, 2012 - 6:00 pm 
Builder

Rogiler wrote:
This is very depressing to hear this, but in the end your lives and finances are more important than the server, if this is goodbye, then I would like to say a huge thankyou for bringing this community together as you have and putting so much time and effort in as you have, I am ever so grateful as are many others Im sure, but I am an optimistic person and will keep trying to get on everyday, I know you guys will try your best to get the server back up so heres to hoping :) Thanks Zion and County

Well said, I think.

PostPosted: Sun 15 Apr, 2012 - 7:34 pm 
Builder

Hey put it this way, If Hawknet goes I go, If Hawknet dies I die.

Simple

Great knowing you!

Bye...

PostPosted: Sun 15 Apr, 2012 - 8:10 pm 
Agent

I think all the comments above me say it best. Only thing I'd like to add is thank you, good luck, and may you come back greater than ever!
~Igloo

PostPosted: Tue 17 Apr, 2012 - 12:28 am 
Admin

Altered the top post.

The downtime will be this Wednesday (18/04/12). There is no set time for this to occur, but it should only last a few hours. The downtime will be used to transport the server and its router to the new location, and setting up the network there to work with our configuration.

Some of you may have noticed some downtime this afternoon. I apologise for this, I was altering some settings on the router, and must have missed or altered the wrong one, setting all incoming and outgoing traffic to terminate and not go anywhere. I have since fixed this. The downtime mentioned here is not the actual downtime mentioned in this topic.

PostPosted: Tue 17 Apr, 2012 - 7:13 am 
Builder

Better then it being down :)

PostPosted: Tue 17 Apr, 2012 - 4:29 pm 
Builder

At least it's gonna stay with us thought eh. :)

PostPosted: Tue 17 Apr, 2012 - 9:22 pm 
Assistant

I guess I haven't really said a proper just-in-case goodbye. I guess I might as well tell the short story of how I stumbled across Hawknet. One day, I was bored so I decided to hop onto my server that I always play on. The server was huge! I was an Op and boy had I fought hard for that spot. Being an Op was hard business, but I stayed extremely active and gained the trust of the entire Op team. This was possibly the closest minecraft experience I had ever had. All good things come to an end. So do good servers. One day the owner said he was going to restart the server, but it never came back on. I haven't seen any of them since. After that incident, I explored dozens of servers, all to no appeal. I found a pretty good server run by one of the web developers of MCFroge. After earning his trust, I eventually got Op. This is where I learned all about MCForge and how to be a good Op. All good things come to an end, so do good servers. His RAM was to weak to host the server. That server went away too. I spent another phase drifting from this server to that. Then, one day I saw server called Hawknet. Well, I like hawks...and I'm pretty fond of things that involve rope like nets, so I gave it a go. One of the best uneducated choices I have ever made. In no time I met the entire Hawknet staff and made plenty of friends. I'm so fond of Hawknet's unique software. Talking about Hawkserv with other players reminded me of hanging out with that web-developer of MCForge. It has been about half a year since I left that place...a few days ago I learned of Hawknet's possible disappearance. All good things come to end. It's always possible that Hawknet will too. A good server is made by the people, not any fancy spawn or catch phrase. I will miss Hawknet if it truly does go, but remember, this community will always be here, waiting. Thanks for reading guys!

P.S. You have been trolled

Last edited by LeChosenOne on Tue 24 Apr, 2012 - 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 18 Apr, 2012 - 1:24 am 
Agent

O___O

PostPosted: Tue 24 Apr, 2012 - 9:35 pm 
Assistant

I just trolled you all

PostPosted: Wed 25 Apr, 2012 - 11:24 am 
Artisan