It is currently Sat 28 Sep, 2024 - 4:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: a city
PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 - 9:24 am 
Architect

we may already have suggested this but we could make a map wider/longer than guest and shorter than it.

all ranks (excluding guest) get to build in an allocated piece of land.
the higher the rank the taller you build. (5 blocks = a floor)

builder - 1 floor
designer - 2 floors
artisan - 3 floors

and so on.

to gain a floor though it would have to be payed for - gives money a use.
you could also buy another plot of land - more expensive than a floor.

to gain money, there would be game arena's, like spleef.

instead of just random buildings over the map, roads should be built, this also sets out building sizes - bigger land, more expensive.

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: a city
PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 - 4:22 pm 
Agent

it would be difficult to enforce the "height limit" for each rank as ops need to spend more time in guest than an extra map. The buying of land would also be semi-easy to do just using zones. If this were to happen builder+ is what i would suggest due to grief and not knowing what the map is for. For the spleef arena to earn money it's a good suggestion but as before you would need an op+ to be there to be a "ref" for the games which would take them away from where they should be most of the time. The size: Guest is at 256x256x64; LxWxH 256 size is probably large enough and the 64 height would allow more diversity in the builds. I think instead of having limits on how many floors to have a set genre of building type to fit a city. This is a good suggestion but this would have to be done after the other community build is finished. I can also let people build in my world to make a city that way no new map has to be made

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011 - 7:39 pm 
Architect

thanks for the feedback :)

when said about it being diffucult to enforce a height limit, we could load and unload the map when a spare op is available. and if it dosnt work for floors, being that some people might make a 'floor' 10 blocks high it could be bought 1 row at a time.

with the spleef arena couldnt it be opened only when 2 ops atleast were online, one for guest the other a ref. or a schedualed spleef opening times, this way people wouldnt constantly be asking.

and when said - 'a set genre of building type to fit in a city' - would that mean they would all be the same material?

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2011 - 8:21 pm 
Agent

same genre being a city scape type thing apartments (flat), hospital, homes, work places, ect. doesn't necessarily have to be the same material and it would prolly look better if it were different materials. I don't think it's exactly "fair" in a sense to have to buy floors and instead just have a full price for a set of land. I like your idea of involving money so that we have a use for it however everyone's money would need to be set to a certain value before selling land and such. The 2 op thing for spleef could work but it's often hard to have enough people on that are of rank who feel like doing spleef. Once the current Community Project is done you can bring your idea up in the forum for discussion and voting.