It is currently Sun 28 Apr, 2024 - 3:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Would you like to see this system implemented?
Yes 75%  75%  [ 12 ]
No 19%  19%  [ 3 ]
Don't care 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject: New Rank Hierarchy
PostPosted: Fri 04 Feb, 2011 - 4:28 pm 
Agent

Here is my suggestion for an updated rank system. As of now we have too few ranks and too few ways for members to get involved after they achieve AdvBuilder rank. With this new system you would have more ranks, more commands, and a higher cuboid limit. Generally, it will also be more interesting for guests and low ranks as they know they have more to look forward to in the ranking up system other than the far off 150k block requirement of AdvBuilder. Overall, I think it is a plan with many perks and few draw backs.

Requires: Functioning internet
Cuboid limit: N/A
*Builder
Requires: 5k blocks minimum, a good building design
Cuboid limit: 250
New commands: copy, paste, cuboid, line, tp, undo 60
*Artisan
Requires: 20k blocks minimum, good building design, good behavior
Cuboid limit: 500
New commands: spheroid, write, tree, undo 120
*Designer
Requires: 50k block minimum, good building designs, trust with OPs
Cuboid limit: 1k
New commands: replace, paint, rainbow, undo 360,
*Blockmason
Requires: 100k blocks minimum, good building designs, trust with OPs
Cuboid limit: 1.5k
New commands: tnt, gun, stairs, undo 600
*Architect
Requires: 200k blocks minimum, high quality building designs, trust with OPs and Admins
Cuboid limit: 2.5k
New commands: slap, kick, mb, portal,
*Agent
Requires: 500k blocks minimum, superb buildings, extremely high level of trust with OPs and Admins, very selective position
Cuboid limit: 5k
New commands: tempban
*Half-OP
Requires: application on forum
Cuboid limit: 7.5k
New commands: same as current
*Operator
Requires: application on forum, good behavior as HOP :)
Cuboid limit: 25k
New commands: same as current
NEW PERSONAL MAP!!!
*Super OP
Requires: Determined by Zion and Mapsapper
Cuboid limit: 50k
New commands: Basically all of them
*Admin
Requires: Zion or Mapsapper
Cuboid limit: 10M
New commands: literally all of them

*Please note that your rank wouldn't be reset, you would be transferred over to your equivalent rank (Builder = Builder, AdvBuilder = Architect), or higher depending on your block amount.
*There would NOT be separate maps for each level. Zion would have to make an executive decision and determine the intervals at which new maps are allowed.

EDIT: Shifted around a couple commands. Blockmason now has more than just /tnt

Last edited by TheWarpuppy on Thu 10 Feb, 2011 - 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: New Rank Hierarchy
PostPosted: Fri 04 Feb, 2011 - 6:16 pm 
Admin

Fixed a few commands that I'd rather not give to users for abuse/security reasons. But other than that, i like it!

PostPosted: Fri 04 Feb, 2011 - 8:25 pm 
Banned

One issue i have is agent i think having the Jail command, i think some people may abuse its power and it should be kept to Half OP +

PostPosted: Fri 04 Feb, 2011 - 8:51 pm 
Admin

*Agent
Requires: 500k blocks minimum, superb buildings, extremely high level of trust with OPs and Admins, very selective position
Cuboid limit: 5k
New commands: tempban, jail

I think that says all. I've been wanting to take tempban away from advbuilders because they seem to misuse it. They will only be able to jail people below their rank, so i think it's okay.

PostPosted: Sat 05 Feb, 2011 - 6:06 pm 
Banned

No,sorry I don't like it. This is general on all servers,and I'd like to keep it this way.Sorry.

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb, 2011 - 4:48 am 
Agent

Im Very Impressed with this. Id like to know what the current ranks would transition too though. Im def with Zion here Its great :D

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb, 2011 - 4:03 pm 
Agent

Mr Muutjenz wrote:
No,sorry I don't like it. This is general on all servers,and I'd like to keep it this way.Sorry.

Well I for one don't believe that being the same as everyone else is good. The ranks are too few, and not defined enough. When guests come into a server and see an element of uniqueness, they are inclined to stay. I believe this is a good thing.

Techy wrote:
Im Very Impressed with this. Id like to know what the current ranks would transition too though. Im def with Zion here Its great :D

I said at the very bottom of the original post that the old builder rank would transfer over to the new builder rank and the old AdvBuilder rank would transfer over to the Architect rank. Haha it's alright that you missed it :P it was a long post so I don't blame ya

PostPosted: Tue 08 Feb, 2011 - 12:13 am 
Agent

Haha sorry about that, my minds been on my project. :)

PostPosted: Tue 08 Feb, 2011 - 5:53 pm 
Banned

TheWarpuppy wrote:
Mr Muutjenz wrote:

Well I for one don't believe that being the same as everyone else is good. The ranks are too few, and not defined enough. When guests come into a server and see an element of uniqueness, they are inclined to stay. I believe this is a good thing.

Techy wrote:

I said at the very bottom of the original post that the old builder rank would transfer over to the new builder rank and the old AdvBuilder rank would transfer over to the Architect rank. Haha it's alright that you missed it :P it was a long post so I don't blame ya

We all have our own thoughts.

Then make sure you report those at the report abuse topic! Also make sure you use the correct format,which can be found in the thread too.If you do not use it,it might be declined.

PostPosted: Thu 10 Feb, 2011 - 8:19 am 
Agent

i didnt really agree with it when it was first put to zion but now i must say im liking the sound of it very very nice warpuppy your making an awesome op if it means anything coming from me :P

PostPosted: Thu 10 Feb, 2011 - 1:27 pm 
Admin

I noticed something...

*Artisan
Requires: 20k blocks minimum, good building design, good behavior
Cuboid limit: 500
New commands: spheroid, text, tree, undo 120

Do you actually mean /text, or /write?

/text writes to a textfile local to the server. /write 'prints' text in world.

PostPosted: Thu 10 Feb, 2011 - 3:51 pm 
Agent

Haha yes I did mean /write. As of now, it is a HOP+ command, but I don't really see why. It is a relatively harmless command and I can see it helping a lot of people. I'm going to move around a couple commands because blockmason has only /tnt

PostPosted: Mon 21 Feb, 2011 - 4:38 pm 
Agent

the only thing that i might change on that would be the cuboid limit everything else is great.

PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar, 2011 - 5:14 am 
Builder

Yo I think that this rank system would be great, I disliked the long transition between builder and advbuilder and it also gives more of a chance to see who can really be trusted with powers like temp ban and such. Man I hope this becomes the rank system, I am almost Agent :)

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug, 2011 - 4:58 pm 
Architect

Architecs can no longer slap :(

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug, 2011 - 5:18 pm 
Agent

Nerozx wrote:
Architecs can no longer slap :(

Commands are only removed from ranks when they have been abused. In the case of slap, it is very easy to grief other people by just spamming that command. Unfortunately, a few architects decided to abuse it and thus got the privilege taken away from the rest of you.

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug, 2011 - 6:14 pm 
Admin

I do believe that gun was also removed from anyone under agent rank due to abuse but I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug, 2011 - 6:19 pm 
Agent

No, you're right.

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 - 7:29 am 
Banned

TheWarpuppy wrote:
Commands are only removed from ranks when they have been abused. In the case of slap, it is very easy to grief other people by just spamming that command. Unfortunately, a few architects decided to abuse it and thus got the privilege taken away from the rest of you.

Though I'm not arguing against archs losing the /slap command (I don't think archs should have commands the broadcast globally) I do disagree with fixing the system instead of fixing the player. It is similar to removing building rights from guests because some tend to grief (I know some servers do this). By removing the command due to some abuse, its almost a cop-out. Wouldn't a better solution be a demotion of the player that is abusing the command? Clearly if the player abuses a command, then they are not mature enough or have simply not earned the right to use that command. Punishing the many for the mistakes of the few, in my opinion, is always the wrong course of action.

P.S. I don't think I would mind a recalibration of the rank requirements (block count-wise). It seems almost too easy to get to the rank of arch, considering that is the highest you can go by simply building, and considering the amount of power archs have. I don't think I would be against raising the block count to 1mil, though 500k is probably more reasonable.

Hmm, loads of ideas here, and I'm not sure it shouldn't be a separate topic, but w/e.

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 - 1:56 pm 
Admin

If arch's requirements were raised then the OP team would have to balance out all the rest of the requirements to keep it fair. Many of the new players we get (the ones that stay, not the ones who join once) would have to work harder for ranks which would be off putting since most people don't like to work. Also if the OP team don't balance out the other rank requirements there would be so much of a gap between blockmason and architect that most new people will not bother getting architect and either quit or complain therefore losing Hawknet customers.

Granted this is only the opinion of an Agent so you'll have to ask the Op team or Zion himself (asking County would also work).

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 - 2:18 pm 
Agent

Alright well. . . this is funny, in a way you wont understand, but Ill just go right ahead now I guess. How about if instead of changing the block reqs, we also recall those other reqs in their, like trust with the op team and good building design. That gets rid of the abuse and makes arch still reachable...dig?

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 - 5:23 pm 
Agent

Yerp :D

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 - 7:39 pm 
Admin

I am thinking of updating the ranks too. New list since this current one is very out of date, and new limits and commands.

Also, I'll rummage through the commands and list all the commands that a rank can use. There are around 100 commands though XD

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 - 7:50 pm 
Admin

Well Zion if you're doing it anyway... Agents/Assistants could use a little more power. I'm suggestion give them the freeze/thaw commands so that they can stop griefers from griefing more while they type /tempban. Also it'd be nice if we could undo other people for a small amount of time (determined by the OP team) so get rid of fresh grief. Since Agent/Assistant is a selective position there shouldn't be any abuse of these commands and they would be very useful keeping grief down when there arn't any OP+ on.

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 - 8:00 pm 
Agent

That is a point, since we do select Agents and Assistants because we trust them. I wouldnt mind giving them a bit of undoing power. :)

Edit: This would also mean they would hafta have IPBan though, just thought of that, but again we do choose them cause we trust them : :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 - 8:20 pm 
Admin

Well it is up to the OP team to decide this with the final say going to Zion, County and Haza.

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 - 8:20 pm 
Agent

temp ban is just /tb [name] seconds. Freeze can be easily abused by putting it on someone if they are annoying you. I say just a little bit of undo 10 minutes maybe. I don't agree with agent/assistant having full ban as that could also be used unwisely and then agents and such would need access to the "council chambers" aka the storage closet, budget is low see. Maybe just a tempban of 1 hour or 2. The thing that we have to remember is that agent isn't op or even hop for that matter and shouldn't have a lot of the commands that hop have

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 - 8:36 pm 
Admin

I am working on the ability for other ranks to undo others' actions for short amounts of time, around 10 minutes tops.

I'm okay with giving Assistant+ the freeze command. Also, tempban will probably be altered to use the database instead of memory, and we could get tempbans to last days, or weeks then.

All of these require software update, so they could do with further discussion before being final.

It shall remain a public discussion since I'd like the input, not only of Assistants and Agents, but also other members.

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 - 8:39 pm 
Admin

As long as it's not too much strain on you I'd love these ideas to be implemented. It would help a lot when there's an Agent/Assistant on and we're waiting for an OP+ to come on from Op-land or Beta or wherever you guys hang out.

PostPosted: Mon 29 Aug, 2011 - 5:04 pm 
Agent

I say we we post a sticky topic with the updated ranks and requirements after Zion finishes adding the new and rearranged commands.

Just gives people easy access to rank information and requirements.