It is currently Sat 27 Apr, 2024 - 8:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Do you want to see Hawknet Freebuild do a Survival Games on Classic?
Yes 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I Don't Know 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: Building maps!
PostPosted: Sat 30 Mar, 2013 - 9:19 pm 
Builder

Hi Guys I just Had an idea about making a Survival Games Map and introducing Guns on it we could build the map over a space of time and then get maybe 10-20 peeps to join and we play it sometime whenever people want to and someone like Haza or Zion or and Admin could be the host and we all fight and the winner(Probably Ohnoooew) will get to choose what we do next
Rules Below in the Spoiler box

Anyone Like?????

DLB May The Odds be ever in your favour

P.S i need to be Ranked up to Artisan because i have reached the block requirement

Spoiler: show
1. No doing /fly 2.Teams are allowed but only teams of 2-3 3.No /tp'ing 4.No Summoning 5.No Building 6. Host can fly but not tell where people are 7. When there is 4-5 people left the host will summon all the players to spawn and they fight 8.No breaking Blocks

Last edited by dontlookback2011 on Mon 01 Apr, 2013 - 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Building maps!
PostPosted: Sat 30 Mar, 2013 - 10:39 pm 
Super Operator

I like the idea actually, I believe we do something similar occasionally when we have enough peeps, called the gun game. Perhaps we could encoporate the idea of survival into it, although that may need some planning in advanced. The main issue I see with this though is actually rallying enough people to get onto the server to make the game enjoyable.

Also, we have already suggested something similar, a hunger games styled map, however that was on the SMP server and there hasn't been any discussion on it lately.

PostPosted: Sun 31 Mar, 2013 - 3:44 pm 
Builder

So the main problem is getting people on the server and making them all play. And we have to know what timezone is everyone in because not everyone will be on at the same time :roll: and some people like me are students and we usually get guests on but some guests can be very annoying and uncooperative.So if a guest wants to join we have to trust him/her. An Op or Admin has to trust them first though.And I am in GMT-0

DLB The Budder Master :)

PostPosted: Sun 31 Mar, 2013 - 5:26 pm 
Builder

Why dont we get people to post on this thread to meet up at a time?

PostPosted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013 - 9:20 pm 
Builder

I might have an idea of how to put Survival in Classic, Make People spawn in a room and put Protection on when it is gonna start and then when they die the room will be indestructible, but if you want to watch you have to ask The Host first then He/She will tp him/her to an area so they can watch

PostPosted: Tue 02 Apr, 2013 - 9:45 pm 
Admin

This seems like it would be a pain to moderate. We'd as stated have to rally everyone to the game which is harder than it sounds. Also we'd need only people we trust since we'd be using the gun command. Most of our highly trusted members have migrated to SMP and classic might not entertain them anymore (I speak from experience). An aside on the fact that we need people we trust, we need to make sure that the gun command is restricted to the map we alotted for it in case an overzealous or lazy person goes to guest with gun active and shoots all the guests.

As for building the map we'd need to set an area for dead players where gun is not allowed so people can't spawncamp. As with the map "Complex" we might need teleporters to allow people back into the game so we don't have to continually summon players back in after each match. IF the teleporters are set we'd need to ensure players don't respawn during a match by just walking into a teleporter. On that topic we'd also need to make sure nobody uses the /tp command to get back into the game fraudulently.

On the whole while the might be fun it seems like we'd be depending too much on the morality of the players and less on the Team's ability to control the situation.

PostPosted: Wed 03 Apr, 2013 - 2:09 pm 
Builder

Yeah,I see your point but I have just thought of an idea for it. A Castle/Dragon theme and I now realise the point with the spawn.Maybe a spawn in the sky,like the Pixelart map but if we have protection on it and if we keep track of the people dead like I could just have a piece of paper beside me with all the names of the competitors and like you said teleporters would be better maybe we can think of new stuff in the future