It is currently Sun 28 Apr, 2024 - 5:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 - 1:54 am 
Artisan

Here are the rules for the new hardcore ctf map

Flags
-Flags are outside your base spawn
-1-5 flag captures to win
-After 45 seconds of flag inactivity, the flag will respawn back at the flag spawn

Teams
-There are 3 teams, Red, Blue and Neutral. Red and blue capture each others flags and try to win while neutral team kill and help whoever they want to.
-Neutral team cannot capture flags or pick them up
-Red and Blue team must have at least 2 more players that Neutral. Neutral aren't a compulsory team.
-Teams must have their name set to their teams color. Red for red, Blue for blue and grey for neutral

Guns
-Blue team must fire water as their ammunition
-Red team must fire lava as their ammunition
-Neutral team must fire grey wool
-Friendly Fire is disabled
-If a player is caught spawn killing, then he will get jailed for 5 minutes
-If a team is caught spawn killing, then they will get instant DQ
-No shooting through walls, trees etc. Can only kill players through line of sight.

Hacks/Cheating
-No hacks. Players must disable hacks if they have WOM client.
-Cannot use /fly.
-Players found hacking/cheating will be jailed in the map jail
-In the unlikely event that you escape from the jail, your team will be instant DQ'd!!!!!!!!!!!

Referee
-Must have a referee or the game will not be played.
-Referee cannot play
-Must be immortal
-Spectators can referee if they have to

Last edited by yellowyellow on Sat 29 Oct, 2011 - 2:59 am, edited 6 times in total.

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 - 2:07 am 
Artisan

Then u can have 2 red and blue no neutral 1 ref. If team is spawn killing then they get dq, if player is spawn killing them he gets jailed for 5 minutes. if neutral just happen to want to help out red and kill blue then that's jsut unfortunate. I'll rewrite the rules

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 - 2:11 am 
Builder

Also add no shooting through walls...I was making some people mad last night because it wasn't a rule yet :3

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 - 2:11 am 
Artisan

Lolok

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 - 2:17 am 
Artisan

There's a difference between spawn killing and suppressing. Spawn killing would be called if you kept doing it with no intention of getting their flag. Suppressing would only be used so they can take their flag.

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 - 2:25 am 
Artisan

Ive replaced the flag so its easier to get to. It'll probably reduce the amount of suppression

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 - 2:37 am 
Artisan

And I also added extra base reinforcements so it's harder to spawn kill

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 - 8:43 am 
Admin

I'm not overly keen on any of these rules. D:

The Original CTF map (toot my own horn, but the one I created), is the best layout. Two or more buildings per side, one houses the teams spawn, and one houses the teams flag base. The current CTF system allows the flag to be dropped by the player carrying it if said player dies. After I believe 60 seconds (or 45) of that flag inactivity, it returns to the teams flag base. If a player of the same team collects the flag, it returns to the flag base. If a player of the opposing team collects the flag, they pick it up from there and can continue to their flag base.

This layout makes the game fair, prevents excessive killing at the spawn point (which will 99% of the time be classed as spawn killing) and provides a challenge if teams are not fast enough.

Most likely in a future update, the blocks shot by users will be forced to their team colour regardless of what block they use to shoot with. This colour is also determined by the flag colour. Using Water and Lava is not ideal due to both being animated, and there being multiple versions of the blocks in question (cold water, hot lava, etc). It may also be setup where a spawn zone is used rather than a spawn point, and a player spawned randomly within that zone, defeating most spawn killing problems.

There can be a total of 7 teams during a game of CTF, and all are scored. All teams need a flag, and a flag base, with a team spawn. These 7 teams are: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple, Gray and White.

Also, due to the fast pace of a CTF game, and depending on a number of players, you may need more than one referee to manage the game.

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 - 9:20 am 
Agent

;) good ideas chris!!!
ill keep em in mind

Leader of the Might City of Varlos

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 - 11:18 pm 
Artisan

The maps really designed though for 3 teams where 1 of them is optional. I wanted the flags not to respawn because it creates a challenge for both teams. I wanted this map to be pretty hard for players and require teamwork and tactical decisions. Spectators can referee if they want to. I didn't know know that in a future update that the bullets will be forced as their team colour so I asked that players used the classic blocks provided will be used as the ammunition. And I named it "Hardcore CTF" because it is pretty hard. I will change some of the rules so it's more fair.

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 - 11:30 pm 
Artisan

But I think that we play it, we can work out the best for the map.