It is currently Thu 28 Mar, 2024 - 4:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun 11 Aug, 2013 - 1:08 am 
Agent

I would like to suggest that the examples map on classic also have builds that would show what level build style would get potential ranks on smp as well. For three reasons. 1) So that new ops would know the quality to look for on smp when ranking up. 2) So that players going for ranks on smp can log onto classic and see an example (the url to classic will probably have to be put as an announcement on smp, so that people can join it) and last and the least compelling reason, after such a long break I have no idea what to look for on smp when people ask me for a review causing me to feel embarrassed and want to hide away on facebook or classic. >.>

I hope my suggestion didn't take to much of your time and I hope to hear back from you all about you feel about this idea.

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun 11 Aug, 2013 - 5:56 am 
Admin

Now this is interesting. I've always based SMP promotion on what is functional as a house but still looks good enough for whatever rank it is (Architect needing a lot more than member). Allow me to add onto your suggestion a bit. I'm thinking that on top of adding it in the classic example map that we add a couple of the example houses near the spawn protected by Safezone. That way we only need to pop back to spawn to find a basis instead of going back to classic (Which admittedly I have no idea how to do since they removed the link at Minecraft.net and I don't use WoM since my computer doesn't like it).

Summary, I like this idea.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Aug, 2013 - 4:37 pm 
Agent

You can go here http://minecraft.net/classic/list then log in and search hawknet. Also I just don't remember exactly what the quality should be. (kind of why I asked in the first place)