It is currently Thu 28 Mar, 2024 - 5:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hawknet Civilization
PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan, 2013 - 9:29 pm 
Admin

So I'm planning a large server wide game in SMP. It's slightly based of civilization games where you have a country and you need to make it grow and prosper through war and trade.

So there will be 5 floating islands in the games map where this is set. One island for each "race" or country. The races are Dwarf, Elf, Human, Mushroom, and Evil. While it is termed "Brimstone" the race for which it is named is not inherently bad. The point of this isn't for the 4 other countries to gang up on "Brimstone". Each race is named as such for the topography of their island. Dwarf is all stone, elf is tree, human is open plain, mushroom is mycillium and Brimstone is fire and brimstone.

Economy - Each county will have items they can naturally make these are the food staples, the rest they'll have to import from other counties. Import and export chest will be placed in each HQ with the items they're currently importing/exporting from other countries. -Example: Humans has 1 wheat and 2 bread in their export box, this means they're giving wheat to 1 country and bread to 2 countries. They also have 1 apple in their import box, that means they're importing apples from the elves.- All countries must have at least 4 types of food in their stash to survive. To go to war the attacking country needs to have at least 7 types in the stash. Each country will be given 5 of the foods that they make naturally in their stash.

Alliances - All countries are neutral until there is an official declaration. To ally a country you must first export 3 different types to them. Then there will be an announcement to everyone so there's no secret alliances. Each country can only ally one other country. The rest will remain neutral or enemy. Allies must discuss war with each other. For example if the elves and humans are allied and the humans want to go to war with the dwarves, the elves must agree to it or else break the alliance with the humans or have the humans drop the war proposal all together.

Death and Famine - If a unit (Player) dies within their own country they are reborn in their county with no penalty. Should the unit die in another country or in neutral territory they are reborn with a loss of a life. As with most games, all players will be given 3 lives. Players must be honest with everyone about loss of life else they will be ejected from their civilization. If a country is in the Famine state (Stashed less than 4 types of food) they will cease food production. All players from that country will no longer be given food and they will play until they starve to death. If you starve, you are done regardless of how many lives you have. The country can save itself by stopping the exporting of food or importing more.

Events - The Ops will stages events for their countries and other countries in a fair manner. Events can be anything from disease (Splash potions of poison on all players) to drought (Removal of a food staple). Events can also be beneficial such as improved soil or gaining traitors.

War - What everyone who reads this is looking for. As this game is in the Games map there will be PvP. However you are only allowed to attack players from enemy nations. There are to be no ambushes on allied/neutral players. Rulers can declare war on as many countries as they wish (Ally rules apply).

Vassals - Vassals are conquered countries. When a country falls the victor can choose between taking it over and sacking the castle. If it is taken over the players from the defeated country join the country that defeated them with only 1 life each. The defeated HQ is given to the victor and they can do with it what they wish. If the castle is sacked, the winning country gains all of the imports and stashed foods. The exports go to whoever they are sent to. The losing castle is blocked off and deemed inaccessible.

Traitors - If you don't like the country you are currently in you are allowed to prompt a Traitor event. Each country can only do this once for one person. During the event the ruler trades away one player for food or other items.

Weaponry - Each country starts with wooden swords with exceptions. At points in the game there will be "Tech up" events wherein everything is upgraded by 1 for certain countries. Countries can export their weaponry and armour for food, support and other weapons. All countries have wooden swords at all times.

Country advantages -
Dwarves begin the game with stone swords and grow through the armour tree faster than the others. They are the most fortified in their underground tunnels.
Elves begin with basic equipment and bows. They constantly have the swiftness and night vision buffs.
Brimstone begins with basic equipment. They grow quickest through the weaponry tree and have fire resistance.
Humans -On hold- are decent all rounders. They start with basic weapons and leather armour.
Mushrooms -On hold- have the invisibility and strength buffs. However invisibility is once per life and non-refreshable. They start with 5 food staples.

County disadvantages -
Mushrooms have no fortification whatsoever on their island. Their HQ is entirely made of huts. They grow the slowest in both the weapon and armour tree.
Brimstone can not use leather armour at all. They only have 3 food staples and must import immediately.
Humans are connected to every island and can be attacked from any side.
Elves can not wear iron armour, only gold and leather armor. They are second least fortified.
Dwarves can not use bows or gold items.
I must go at the moment. I'll add more to this explanation later since it's quite a complicated game to describe. Shouldn't be this complicated to play though.

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Hawknet Civilization
PostPosted: Tue 29 Jan, 2013 - 10:05 pm 
Agent

This reminds me of spore :3

I Am playing, i am also doing a similar thing with my empire, making scattered colonies, just need a way to connect them all

Leader of the Might City of Varlos

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan, 2013 - 12:42 am 
Architect

Im up for it!

You may want to call Evil, "Dark" so we don't gang up on you Stan :P

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan, 2013 - 2:08 am 
Super Operator

I'd be up for this also, sounds interesting. ^_^

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan, 2013 - 3:13 am 
Admin

Added more and changed Evil to Brimstone. Odds are, I made one country so overly powered in this, I'll go over it in the morning.

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan, 2013 - 5:52 am 
Admin

I hate to be negative, but i just can't see this working on our server. On a 32-64 player server, maybe, but i don't think we have enough active players to populate 5 cities. If we ever have an active community of at least 30 players or more that are on smp/tekkit regularly, then we could start doing things like this, but i can't see this happening right now.

Maybe you could lower the amount of cities to 2 until we build up our community a bit, then when we have 15 people or so, open up another city, and so on.

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan, 2013 - 8:08 am 
Agent

Walrus wrote:
Im up for it!

You may want to call Evil, "Dark" so we don't gang up on you Stan :P

So, your saying my faction (darkness) is evil?

Positive

Leader of the Might City of Varlos

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jan, 2013 - 11:44 am 
Admin

I was hoping for 20 or so people for this game. But now that I think about it Red's right. I shall lower the amount of countries to 3 Elves, Dwarves and Brimstone. The other islands shall be created as pathways to traverse the islands instead of only 1 connection to each.

PostPosted: Thu 31 Jan, 2013 - 7:47 am 
Admin

3 sounds good. I can see this working with at least 9 people, 3 for each island. We should balance out the ops and admins though, to make it fair.

Also, are the names final? I think we should let the players on the islands choose their names. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu 31 Jan, 2013 - 11:42 am 
Admin

The names are not final. They are just to give each island an identity while they're being built. Also for the Ops/admins I was originally going to have the ingame currency come into play here and have an Op for each island be the "Banker" but I don't see what I can use the money for what with the trade currency I have layed out.

PostPosted: Thu 31 Jan, 2013 - 11:08 pm 
Architect

You could have a "set item" be the currency of game. Like Eye of Enders or any other item that would have a purpose in the game.

PostPosted: Fri 01 Feb, 2013 - 11:01 am 
Admin

Well the way it has been going in my head is that we'd have a trade currency. And depending on the teir of item you'd trade something or a lot of something for it. So like a pumpkin pie and a carrot for an iron sword or something. The players will have to work out their trading values amongst themselves in the game.