It is currently Tue 23 Apr, 2024 - 10:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Minecraft Craziness
PostPosted: Sun 30 Jan, 2011 - 3:44 am 
Agent

No hot topics yet, so I might as well post one.

Minecraft has been going absolutely crazy lately. Servers weren't working, the server list was broken, no one could connect and on top of that Notch left for a 2 week vacation so no fix :/ Right now the server list is working again but there are only 10 servers and every single minecraft user is trying to cram into them.

Discuss.

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Minecraft Craziness
PostPosted: Sun 30 Jan, 2011 - 12:12 pm 
Admin

I guess the people left in charge while Notch went away on all our monies don't really know how to fix the stuff, so it's just been constantly broken. The respect i had for Mojang AB was lost over the last week or so. Same with the guys at WoM, 1.5.9 was released in 2009, and i'm pretty sure they knew about the server moves, yet still didn't update their clients.

PostPosted: Sun 30 Jan, 2011 - 5:05 pm 
Agent

Yeah I can't really blame the WoM Client developers as it is free software, but still. You don't go make something, free or otherwise, then just forget about it failing while people are dependent on it.

And all I can say about Notch and Mojang is that I'm glad I bought Alpha when it was cheap and came with guaranteed updates. The way it is going right now I'm not sure if it's worth the money. Notch did promise us an updated Creative Version though... so we'll see how that turns out.

EDIT: Speaking of which, (I feel weird asking for this) maybe you could turn on the Beta SMP server :D it would give us something to do while all this craziness is going on.

PostPosted: Sun 30 Jan, 2011 - 5:17 pm 
Admin

The beta SMP is active at the minute. Due to load I can't have it up 24/7 alongside classic, but it is up and running as we speak.

hawknetcomputing.co.uk:25564 or 86.24.134.186:25564 if the name isn't resolving.

PostPosted: Thu 17 Feb, 2011 - 1:35 am 
Agent

Hmmm. . . the person who made the original WoM client goes to my school but any who it can be hard to keep things updated to new versions so that might explain it.

Another possible hot topic is that sometimes when going to Advbuilder it freezes so you have to reload the page then try again. Can be a bit annoying at times but not really a big deal.

PostPosted: Sat 19 Feb, 2011 - 3:07 pm 
Agent

Belgeran wrote:
Hmmm. . . the person who made the original WoM client goes to my school but any who it can be hard to keep things updated to new versions so that might explain it.

Another possible hot topic is that sometimes when going to Advbuilder it freezes so you have to reload the page then try again. Can be a bit annoying at times but not really a big deal.

Actually G I had a chance to talk to the guy, he just edited his own version of WoM such that it was more friendly to trashy comps like ours :P

PostPosted: Wed 09 Mar, 2011 - 10:37 pm 
Builder

omg serously i tried to connect to classic serever and dint get past connecting screen plz help fix, unless its notch's fault

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jul, 2011 - 6:33 pm 
Architect

for some reason the one on minecraft.net works fine but WOM is starting to get slow and most of the time crashes a bunch and also alot of the servers are getting removed or are just lagged up so much that it doesnt work. last time i tried to get on the screen is normal for a split second and then it goes all black. its actually starting to get annoying :evil: