It is currently Fri 29 Mar, 2024 - 11:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hawknet dead?
PostPosted: Mon 04 Feb, 2019 - 4:08 am 
Architect

At about what point in time did Hawknet begin to die? Was it early to mid-2014? I went and checked on the last login of some of whom I thought were some of the more active members like Crafty, Belg, and Xerox and found that some of them haven’t logged in for 4-5 years.

I’m also typing this out as an official thank you to Hawknet Computing. This server was an integral part of my childhood. Honestly, it was one of the few good things I had to call one. I am certain that I wouldn’t be the person I am today without the community and the server. The people who helped shape the community also helped shape my life. I still remember my first time logging into Hawknet Freebuild. I spent several hours daily on the server. I remember staying up late trying so hard to rank up and being so proud of myself when I finally made Architect. I honestly kinda miss those days.

Tl;dr I miss you guys. Hope everyone is doing well and all.

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Hawknet dead?
PostPosted: Sun 10 Feb, 2019 - 2:43 pm 
Admin

Mid 2014 sounds about right. I also share a lot of your feelings about the community. I vividly remember the first time I ever logged into freebuild, and Zion popped up in front of me because I was clicking too fast and told me to stop. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Hawknet dead?
PostPosted: Mon 11 Feb, 2019 - 7:33 pm 
Architect

Yeah I remember I was banned from a different server for griefing so I just hopped from server to server getting banned until I landed on Hawknet and Rogiler froze me instead of banning me. I suppose around that time I was finished throwing my fit so I agreed to fix what I’d done and started building an underground house that Belgeran actually volunteered to help me build. After playing around on the server for a few hours I realized how cool everyone was and kept coming back. I have a lot of fond memories from Hawknet. It’s kinda sad realizing all these people who were part of your daily life have all kinda just disappeared.