It is currently Sat 27 Apr, 2024 - 5:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: What if...
PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2012 - 2:52 am 
Agent

This has nothing to do with the actual Hawknet Servers. It only relates to Minecraft itself, so it seems to fit this topic. All I'm asking is for you opinions on my suggestions.

Circle of Life

This is just a thought that I believe would add a ton of character to the game and make it a much livelier place. What if biomes and mobs could be coded to form circle of life? When a tree is chopped down or burned the saplings that fall could root into new trees without having to be planted. Without player interaction, mobs could breed and die on their own. Plains of wheat could grow naturally. Environments could sustain life on their own. This adds an entire new element to the game.

Mobs (Peaceful)

Currently, the only way for new mobs to be born is by breeding animals by feeding them wheat. This is unrealistic and unnecessary. Not to say that Minecraft is a realistic game. Instead, mobs could breed at random times as long as there is another mob of the same type nearby. If you simply leave it at this, however, the world would be over run by mobs. To counteract this, fully grown mobs, after a good period of time, could pass, leaving behind their drops but no experience. The rate at which mobs spawn and despawn is vital. To show human impact, mobs should despawn slightly faster than they spawn. This slow decline can be helped by breeding mobs with human interaction.

Mobs (Aggressive)

Aggressive mobs lives are short lived. They spawn at night and in the morning burning to a crisp. Instead of appearing out of thin air, the most logical thing to happen is for them to come to the surface from the depths of caves and other dark regions. When the sun sets, the mobs could emerge from these dens and patrol the surface. When the sun begins to dawn, the mobs can run back to their dens and wait another day.

This would affect mobs in this way:

Zombies: Zombies would survive in dens as stated above.
Skeletons: Skeletons would survive in dens as stated above.
Creepers: Creepers would survive in dens as stated above with the added ability to not be burned in the sun. As such Creeper Dens could be in areas exposed to light.
Ender men: Ender men could emerge from The End with their teleporting abilities as long as the area is dark. When the sun rises they would return to their realm.
Nether Mobs: There is no day or night in the Nether, so Nether mobs would remain the same.

Necromancy - Reviving the Undead.

Another possible ability is to create undead aggressive mobs to fight for you. This could be done in a special crafting table. The make the undead would require a few recourses, however.

Skeletons would require bones, a bow, and 15 arrows.
Zombies would require rotten meat.

With those items, they can be placed in the special crafting table and after a period of time, spawn a mob that will follow you and attack anything that attempts to attack you. This would work much like wolves do. After they die from taking to much damage they simply disappear and no items can be harvested from their remains.

Trees

When all the wood has been taken from a tree, the saplings being to fall from the leaves. The saplings cannot take root unless planted by the player. IIn addition to this, a couple of saplings could begin to grow all on their own. When a tree burns down, the same action occurs.

Sugarcane

Sugarcane could spread similar to mushrooms. They can only grow on land on the shore. To prevent them from spreading infinitely along the coast of every island, it would spread from a single stalk. From this stalk, it can spread a limited number of blocks. Completely removing sugarcane from an area would still make it impossible from new sugarcane to grow.

Wheat

Wheat can occur naturally, but less common than sugarcane. It must grow within 4 blocks from a water source as it does now, but can still spread like mentioned with sugarcane.

Adding to the forest floor

Randomly generated bushes could be added to the generation code. Simply a couple leaf blocks attached in some way.

_______

Thoughts?

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: What if...
PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2012 - 3:23 am 
Agent

/email jeb

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2012 - 3:32 am 
Builder

/email Terraria Dev's and when they put it in their change log Minecraft will announce it a month later :P

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2012 - 4:12 am 
Artisan

I'd do the same. These are some brilliant suggestions. I also thought of my own 2 as well.

1. Adding physics to rain, so pools can fill up when it rains and so forth. Some of the water will dry up when the sun comes back and less well dry up during the night.

2. Natural disasters...all of them coded into the game...

But none the less, you should get started on an email to Jeb :D

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2012 - 4:32 am 
Agent

1. Is it even likely he (Jeb) would glance at this suggestion?
2. How would I even contact him? :Lol:

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2012 - 4:36 am 
Agent

@At Chris The only natural disaster I could see being possible is a volcanic eruption (with the addition of volcanoes). Anything else like Floods, Earthquakes, Tornadoes, would probobly not be a very welcome addition. Same goes with the volcanic eruption. It would likely repeat the fate of the Endermen. As for the rain, that could be possible. To go along with that if something along the lines of the Finite Water mod would be nice.

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2012 - 4:54 am 
Artisan

I was thinking more tornadoes, volcanic eruptions and earthquakes. With all the employees Mojang have, it couldn't take too much time and effort. Plus, these events could be very rare and for the unfortunate and unlucky (like myself) :D

And, just send him an email or something on his email address. Should be somewhere on the site or something, and just regularly send the email because who probably would get spammed with useless stuff. And give it a subtle name like "My Minecraft Suggestions" so he doesn't think your a 9 year old begging for Jebs attention. Maybe if he never responds, maybe capitalize it to increase the chance of him maybe reading it. But definitely regularly send it maybe once every 5 days and such.

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2012 - 12:21 pm 
Admin

How about more weapons? Battleaxes could be just axes with 2 heads. Crossbows would be 2 sticks on either side of a bow. Flame arrows (Crossbow ammo) would be like normal arrows but subing a blaze stick for the stick.I have a couple more but no time to add them, I'll do that later.

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2012 - 1:42 pm 
Artisan

Expansions to Minecraft are endless :D

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2012 - 2:21 pm 
Admin

The one thing that noone would ever think of. Rope. 3 stings in a line to make it. It connects things up to and including 3 blocks away. Great for making boat "parades".

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan, 2012 - 2:22 pm 
Artisan

Nice invention ^^

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 - 12:06 am 
Agent

All of those ideas are already made into mods and have been done over 10 times. If those were going to be implimented, I'm afraid they would have been a long time ago.

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 - 4:41 am 
Agent

I've posted this as a suggestion in the Minecraft forums. From there we'll see where this goes. Although, there I doubt there is much of a change of it going anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 - 6:13 am 
Agent

As I expected, the community instantly thought that I copied it all from someone else.

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 - 6:30 am 
Artisan

Whatt?

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 - 6:54 am 
Agent

Now I know why... http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/931862-some-useful-changes-to-mobs-and-others/page__gopid__11835641#entry11835641

I'm not to happy about it.

I have to ask you to admit that this was indeed my idea.

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 - 7:08 am 
Artisan

Which members of the community stated that you stole this idea?

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 - 1:14 pm 
Agent

It wasn't a member of this community, but someone from the minecraftforums when I posted this without knowning that someone already had.

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 - 1:31 pm 
Builder

That's how it is on big forums like those, make a typo, give wrong info, or copy something, and your life on that forum is literally over. XD

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 - 1:32 pm 
Artisan

He didn't copy it though ^^

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 - 1:50 pm 
Admin

Nope, we just need to wait for Xerox to declare that he copied that text from this topic, otherwise it's a request from their forum moderators to remove the topic due to claiming authorship over copied content.

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 - 5:20 pm 
Agent

Sorry Waffle for that, but I did it in the Evening, and forgot to ask for Permission. :oops:

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 - 11:19 pm 
Agent

I accept your apology but I would still like you to make a post saying that you didn't make it. I would like to restore that accounts reputation, what little it had (none).