It is currently Sat 27 Apr, 2024 - 10:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Need help with my book.
PostPosted: Sun 06 Nov, 2011 - 6:58 pm 
Agent

I want this book to be as connected to the masses as possible. So I've decided to ask the public for help. I've already done this on a social networking site but the people of hawknet are like a second family to me, so I want your help as well.
The book is about a police detective and I need a few names for the characters in it. So if you have any names you would like to see in it please leave them as a reply. Who knows how many names I'll use but I would like the masses to feel as if they helped in making it and this is one of the ways I thought of. I look forward to any and all responses.
I would like to thank you in advance for your help.

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun 06 Nov, 2011 - 8:52 pm 
Agent

how about
slenderking?
he is like the evil villain or something u know wat slendermen so to kids right?
well make him the king of em
just an idea

Leader of the Might City of Varlos

PostPosted: Sun 06 Nov, 2011 - 11:57 pm 
Agent

Haza wrote:
Do you have characters in mind and you need names for them? Or do you need some good names so that you can assign those names to characters when you're ready? :3

I have some nameless characters in mind but I also need names to use when I'm ready for them. For instnce when a new character pops into my head that I wish to add.

PostPosted: Mon 07 Nov, 2011 - 12:47 am 
Builder

So you need names? Hmm...Joey Carter! (I know, random...)

PostPosted: Mon 07 Nov, 2011 - 1:12 am 
Agent

The prologue has been the hardest part to write so far, heres a rough copy of it, thats bound to change.

This is the story of Detective Joey Carter a cop who responds to a wreck and goes to investigate. His superior officers rule it as another dui but he knows better. The precinct sees the matter as closed and doesn’t give him clearance to continue investigating. So he follows clues and gathers evidence on his own time and ends up on the case of his life.
As our story begins our detective has no idea what’s in store for him today. He sees it as just another day as the youngest officer in his division, trying to earn the respect of his fellow officers. We should start our story early that morning, the morning that shaped this story.
Its a short prologue so far but its bound to change. I already made a change to the story by changing the main characters name to Joel Carter. I like having public feedback so tell me what you think. Also I'm still excepting names and w really appreciate the intrest no matter how small it is.

PostPosted: Mon 07 Nov, 2011 - 10:41 am 
Admin

Stanley White
Nathanial (Nate) Greenelay (Pronounced Green-lee)
Destiny Jones
Daisy Reirbec (Pronounced Rear-back)
Markus Adler
Abigail Corrigan
Hunter Williams
Josh Daniels
Steven Frier (Pronounced Free-er)
William Bateldar (Pronounced Batch-elder)

There are a few of the names I've used in some of my short stories. Hope this was helpful. BTW you can always mix and match the first and last names.

PostPosted: Mon 07 Nov, 2011 - 4:04 pm 
Agent

Awesome thanks satan

PostPosted: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 - 10:28 am 
Artisan

I don't want to write your book for you but I have a few ideas that you could maybe put into your story
-2 detectives that have been assigned to a simple case but it turns out to be a lot bigger than it should have been. Maybe a few twists in the case
-A corrupt detective is payed to tamper with evidence and the crime scene by a hitman and soon finds out that the defendant is someone that is very close to him...
-An honest detective that is forced into blackmailing the defense lawyer in a case so the verdict that is handed down on the defendant is not guilty
Those are my ideas :)

PostPosted: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 - 4:34 pm 
Agent

I already had one of those in before you even mentioned it. I also had one of those partially in. Which ones I'm not saying. You'll just have to wait and see.