It is currently Sun 28 Apr, 2024 - 12:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hawk-Note
PostPosted: Sat 31 Dec, 2011 - 6:05 am 
Artisan

I'll be on all day ^^

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat 31 Dec, 2011 - 8:22 am 
Admin

I need a little help with the intro, so far i have "TeamSuperHawk Proudly Presents", "A minecraft recreation" then "HawkNote". I want to change "A minecraft recreation" to something else, perhaps something about hawknet. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sat 31 Dec, 2011 - 11:25 am 
Artisan

A deathnote recreation?

PostPosted: Sat 31 Dec, 2011 - 12:44 pm 
Admin

"In association with \n\r Hawknet Computing Ltd"?

With '\n\r' being new line carriage return.

PostPosted: Sat 31 Dec, 2011 - 8:44 pm 
Admin

That's perfect zion, thanks :3

PostPosted: Mon 02 Jan, 2012 - 6:43 pm 
Admin

4 minutes and 30 seconds edited, which is about half an episode. Expect a full episode in a week if things keep going this well :D

We did something interesting though, lights first victim will be kenny from south park :lol: It actually blended together pretty smoothly once i got the music synched with the audio from the original series (to skip some of the talking).

PostPosted: Tue 03 Jan, 2012 - 2:16 am 
Artisan

Genius idea :D

PostPosted: Tue 03 Jan, 2012 - 7:51 pm 
Builder

Can i be Kyosuke Higuchi?

PostPosted: Tue 03 Jan, 2012 - 8:54 pm 
Admin

Yes you can :3 Updated cast list.

PostPosted: Wed 04 Jan, 2012 - 2:29 pm 
Artisan

So we're just going to be filming half the episode?
Or summing both up?
Anyways, I've had loads of fun helping out with Hawk-note.
Thanks Red and I hope this turns out really well :D

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jan, 2012 - 7:48 am 
Admin

It's the whole episode compressed into 8-10 minutes.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get this far, hopefully I'll have the episode done soon.

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2012 - 7:30 am 
Admin

It isn't looking good for Hawk-Note at this point, around the beginning of the new year, my fps dropped dramatically. Where i was getting nearly 120fps around christmas (maxed out settings. Render distance far, smooth lighting, fancy graphics, fullscreen, frame limiter: max fps), I'm now getting 60 at best (same settings).

With fraps recording i can only manage to achieve 15-25 fps which is very choppy. I've not changed a thing, and I've explored every solution i can think of.

Despite all of this, production will continue as planned, even if everything past the 6 minute mark is unbearable to watch.

I do have one question though, while minecraft is running, nvidia system monitor reports my graphics clock and memory clock to be around 400mhz, but i have them set to 803 and 810 (which was completely stable in december). It would make sense since my frames are running at exactly half what they were before, but i can't figure out what settings i would change. I believe the power saving mode (optimus?) is enabled, but i can't find an option in global settings to change it.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2012 - 7:47 am 
Artisan

Are you sure you aren't running unnecessary programs that can be exited on the right of the clock at the bottom right of your screen?

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2012 - 7:57 am 
Admin

Heh, if only it were that simple :lol: Nothing is running, i literally closed everything to make sure, even explorer.exe itself :P

I believe its my drivers, since i updated to the newest beta drivers around december 20th, things just haven't been the same. I'll be reverting back to the latest stable drivers later today, but for now i need to sleep.

edit: That's definitely what it was, immediately after loading a world, i was greeted with 100fps, peaking at 130. I played ssp for 10 minutes or so with only a few rare drops below 100fps.

I'm still having a few problems though, when i first start minecraft after a reboot, my gpu clock speeds are exactly what i set them to in the control panel, but when i exit minecraft and then go back to start it a second time for some reason my graphics clock and memory clock both stick at 400mhz. I'm looking straight at the nvidia control panel, i have it set to 803mhz for graphics and 810mhz for memory. I've tried reverting to stock speeds, but the same thing happens, I'm stuck at 400mhz.

As crazy as it sounds, i can only play minecraft once per restart because of this. I'll mess around with some settings and see if i can get everything back to normal again. Or, you know... One of you could let me "borrow" a gtx 590 :D I'd even take a plain gt :lol:

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2012 - 2:18 pm 
Builder

Your clock speeds will drop when the card is idling regardless of what its clocked to. The clock speed of my 580's drops to around 400Mhz when idle and 770-800Mhz when in use, and memory goes from about 300Mhz idle to approx 2200Mhz when in use.

It sounds like Minecraft may not be properly initialising your graphics card, or maybe even using your CPU instead of your graphics card. Is this a Minecraft only problem or does it affect other games? Also are you using FRAPS to monitor what your cards are doing while playing or do you have MSI Afterburner?

I can't comment on drivers since I have to use the 290.53 drivers for mine to even work in SLI, but I normally get between 300 and 400 FPS in SMP so they work fine for me.

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2012 - 7:48 pm 
Admin

My problem isn't the idle clock speeds, but the fact that it seems to be "stuck" at idle speeds when i start minecraft (or it isn't being used at all). And i never bother with fraps unless I'm getting over 100fps so that isn't it. It's definitely a minecraft only problem, other games seem to fully utilize the card. I'll try msi afterburner, although the download is painfully slow D: Thanks for the tips county.

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2012 - 8:17 pm 
Agent

i got about halfway through reds first post, then i gave up. too much smart talk for me. ANYWAY does this mean that deathnote filming can continue more as normal? :D also when the first episode comes out will you post a link here? also im happy to help with anything if im online when you are :D yay!

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2012 - 8:40 pm 
Builder

RedFox102 wrote:
My problem isn't the idle clock speeds, but the fact that it seems to be "stuck" at idle speeds when i start minecraft (or it isn't being used at all). And i never bother with fraps unless I'm getting over 100fps so that isn't it. It's definitely a minecraft only problem, other games seem to fully utilize the card. I'll try msi afterburner, although the download is painfully slow D: Thanks for the tips county.

I wasn't saying the problem is the idle speeds, the point that I was making is that those speeds are typical of idle, I.e the GPU isn't being engaged by Minecraft. MSI will tell you in real time what your GPU is doing (or GPU's in your case since the 590 has two cores.). What you might find is that one core is being used and not the other, you could also do with having process manager open and keeping an eye on it when the GPU isn't performing. To see what the activity on the CPU is, ideally you should do this before you run it the first time when the GPU is being used and again when it isn't to have a comparison.

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2012 - 11:14 pm 
Admin

I wish i had a 590... But unfortunately I have the 310m, not a gtx, not a gts, not even a gt, just a plain geforce card from 2010. I've pushed it far beyond its limits to achieve 120fps, and up untill now its been working great.

I must have misunderstood you the first time county, i just can't figure out how to force minecraft to fully utilize my gpu without restarting my system. I did find out that minecraft IS using the gpu, but since its running at idle speeds, the performance is poor as you can imagine. Temperture definitely isn't the problem either, considering the cpu and gpu are sealed in a laptop case, it's "icy" cool.

And yes igloo, production can now continue :D It'll be a bit of a hassle to have to restart my system every time i close minecraft though :lol:

PostPosted: Wed 01 Feb, 2012 - 2:13 am 
Admin

This is fantastic, i actually had my fps up to 201 on max settings, above ground I'm getting close to 175fps. I'm really not sure what caused the dramatic performance boost, but i don't care as long as it stays this way :lol:

Now if i could just get 3 people together on smp that are willing to cooperate with me, we'll be set :D

PostPosted: Sat 04 Feb, 2012 - 4:38 am 
Architect

I am usually about. If you ever need a hand just holla.

PostPosted: Tue 07 Feb, 2012 - 10:00 am 
Admin

I'm considering uploading the incomplete 5 minute episode. Due to my recent schedule and computer problems I've not been able to work on it, and when i do actually have time to mess around on the beta server, hardly anyone is on (Aside from the occasional guest).

Currently i need 3 people to be on at once, and for the scene after this i need 2 people on (anything after that can be done with one person).

I feel like if i upload what I've done so far, you guys will be able to give me new ideas, and comment on what you like/dislike about what has been done so far. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Tue 07 Feb, 2012 - 12:40 pm 
Admin

I think that a schedule, or gaining instant messenger contact with various other members is the best idea. Forums are good, but they're pretty much just a nicer way to lay out emails. Both users need to be online and checking forums to see new messages. Instant messengers on the other hand can sprout up and you can directly contact the other person. :3

Otherwise, a schedule topic needs to be made, and all users taking part need to note down what times of the day they are free. You can then work around scenes based off the schedule, doing less person scenes while you can, and more populated ones when people are online.

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2012 - 7:36 am 
Admin

Hawk-Note episode 1 is finally done, I'll have it up by the end of the day unless i have something else going on.

Considering the whole episode focuses on establishing the plot of the story, and takes place in only 2 locations (unless you count flashbacks or walking from place to place), i think it turned out alright. Also, i made a "wallpaper" that i planned on putting in the middle of the episode, but it didn't work out the way i planned so i thought I'd upload it here. It's an odd size but it that's the source materials fault. It's too big to upload here apparently, here's a direct link http://i.imgur.com/JFSr9.jpg

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2012 - 10:46 am 
Admin

Its taking a bit longer than i originally thought it would, i now have to render the video twice. It would take too long to explain why, but I'll have it up tomorrow regardless.

I just hope it wont be for nothing o_O It does look a little strange since i didn't do any lip animation (that'd take a while with just one editor) but I'm hoping you guys will be able to look past that XD

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2012 - 8:30 pm 
Admin

Here it is, Hawk-Note episode 1.

When we were filming i was unaware the lag was coming from chris's end, so his parts are a little laggy.

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2012 - 8:47 pm 
Agent

:D yay its awesome!!!!!!! i got killed though..... twice :3 NICE JOB!! whats up with the explosion at the end...?

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2012 - 9:04 pm 
Admin

That was the kool aid man breaking through the roof :p

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2012 - 9:13 pm 
Admin

I swear the video was smoother when i was editing it, something must have happened when i rendered it. Is it really noticable? I should actually be able to record at 60fps next time so it shouldn't happen again.

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2012 - 9:22 pm 
Agent

koolaid man? .... ill just assume this is another american thing im not aware of ^^ but i think the quality was good :D

PostPosted: Thu 09 Feb, 2012 - 9:49 pm 
Admin

It's very awesome RedFox, I had smiles on face all the way through.

A few tips for next time:
Try normalising the audio. The volume of it is very up and down, there are very loud parts, and very quiet parts. If you use different audio snippets, just increase the gain a bit for that snippet. Make sure it doesn't peak though!

Try going over your transitions frame by frame to reduce any defects and artifacts. I'm sure I saw it transition to black for one frame somewhere in the middle, this can be missed when moving frame by frame over transitions. It takes time, but it's worth it.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to the next episode. Also, if you're using other soundbytes, images or music, make sure you have permission to use them. :3

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb, 2012 - 12:35 am 
Admin

I was hoping no one would notice the black frame... I didn't notice it until it had been uploaded. I tried to use audio only from the original series, the ost (1, 2 and 3) and the intro music is from a lesser known band called RPTN. There are bits and pieces from different shows, but I'd be suprised if the video were taken down for anything other than the death note audio.

But then again, teamfourstar gets away with using the actual animation, sound effects, and music (well, they usually do). Since i didn't use any animation, i think i can cross madhouse off my list of things to worry about :P I think VIZ media is my biggest concern. But this is my first time making something like this, so I'm not sure. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Also, the audio quality of this episode is decent, but hopefully i can acquire a better quality version if i continue.

edit: I'm thinking about making an outtakes special, i have a few clips where we messed up pretty bad. The first of which was when we were filming the very first trailer, haza was supposed to stand on a block in the nether, then turn around and face me, but just as he turned around, a ghast flew up behind him and destroyed the block he was standing on, plunging him into the lava below. I have around 5 of these clips, what do you guys think?

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb, 2012 - 1:20 am 
Agent

lawl yes :D

too bad i don't have audio card but i'll prolly watch this at school ^^

btw you joined the forums on my birthday. just thought i would point that out.

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb, 2012 - 2:16 am 
Admin

I say yes to the outtakes, definitely!

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb, 2012 - 2:29 am 
Agent

i mean, what's not funny about seeing haza die time and time again :D i know i enjoy it and you will too get your own killable haza for only $19.99 a month :D that's right for $19.99 you get unlimited haza respawns and endless fun.

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb, 2012 - 3:11 am 
Admin

"A thousand ways to kill haza" on dvd and blu-ray for only $24.99 :p

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb, 2012 - 4:19 pm 
Agent

ill order one of both :D definitely yes to bloopers though!!! XD

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb, 2012 - 9:42 pm 
Admin

I've looked everywhere, the files from the first trailer are gone :x That leaves only a couple clips.

I'll wait until we start filming again, a 2 clip outtake special wouldn't be very good :?

PostPosted: Sat 11 Feb, 2012 - 9:24 am 
Agent

aw D: does this mean we dont get to see haza owned by a ghast?

PostPosted: Sat 11 Feb, 2012 - 10:26 am 
Admin

Unfortunately yes, but there will be plenty more opportunities to kill haza in the future, perhaps i'll make a rube goldberg type device dedicated to killing him :D

PostPosted: Sat 11 Feb, 2012 - 6:41 pm 
Agent

:D yaaaay!

PostPosted: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 - 7:40 am 
Admin

I think we need to come up with a new name, something that really catches your eye... Something with "death note" and "minecraft" in the title so people searching for related content could find it easily.

I'm no good with names, but an example would be "Death Note: The Minecraft Chapter".

Best idea gets unlimited money on classic, just imagine the things you could buy... ;) (but seriously i'll think of something :lol:)

PostPosted: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 - 8:44 am 
Artisan

Minecraft: The Death-Note Revolutionized perhaps?
What really gets the views is the tags in the description of the video. Look at any video on youtube, open the whole description and you'll see tags that have hyperlinks on them. It's what brings brings you and you search query's to the video you see.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 - 9:50 am 
Admin

That isn't what i meant, if someone is searching for "death note" will they click on a video called hawk note or death note? If you didn't know what it was, you'd probably click on death note. Same goes for people searching for minecraft videos. I just thought it'd be better if death note and minecraft were in the title :3

PostPosted: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 - 11:19 am 
Artisan

I did use Minecraft and Death-Note in the title though, and the name is decent in my opinion and I'd click it if I saw it.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 - 1:19 pm 
Admin

Well lets give it some time, if anyone else has a name suggestion, let me know :3

PostPosted: Tue 13 Mar, 2012 - 7:31 am 
Artisan

It's more the tags in the description though that make people come, not necessarily the video title.

PostPosted: Tue 13 Mar, 2012 - 7:34 am 
Agent

ive seen people having famous youtube people as thier tags, like the yogscast
to get them more views but... thats cheating and it's silly...

Leader of the Might City of Varlos

PostPosted: Tue 13 Mar, 2012 - 7:52 am 
Artisan

Well tags don't earn subscriptions and daily viewers. Tags make them come but the quality of your videos and if it's entertaining to watch is what makes them stay and watch and visit your videos/channel/etc. more often xD

PostPosted: Tue 13 Mar, 2012 - 2:04 pm 
Agent

Tags are important of course, to get your video to show up on youtube searches. However you still want the title of the video to be interesting and I think Red is hoping for more title suggestions than tags :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next