It is currently Thu 28 Mar, 2024 - 7:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cygnus's intro
PostPosted: Thu 31 Jul, 2014 - 7:32 pm 
Builder

Hi HawkNet!

Not many people here who have joined in the past year and a half or so will know me, so allow me to introduce myself to you.

I'm Cyg, Cygnus, Or, as I was back in the day, Zuiderkruis. I'm 16 years of age and live in the UK.
I do marshal arts and have done fishing for many years as long as I can remember.

Less about me now and more about my HawkNet and general Minecraft story. I joined Minecraft in April 2011 and used friends account to play classic and versions of Alpha and early Beta until I could get my own account. I got my account about 3 years ago and started joining communities and meeting new faces, many of which are gone now sadly, as servers have closed down and owners moved on. I found out about HawkNet Classic when I was surfing the server list on classic back in November/December of 2011 but saw that only 1 person was online, so I decided to let it pass. (I was only looking at the server because it was a British server). I then joined another classic server and was quickly banned for doing something I can't even remember... but never mind.

I joined HawkNet Classic in early February 2012 and quickly got Builder and Artisan with builds I could do of an evening. The staff when I joined were very friendly, some of which still Administrate, Operate and Moderate here today. I therefore thank those staff members for helping me to become part of this community and have made me want to come back and start over again, but more about that story later...

I met many faces whilst I was on Classic, many of whom are still here, not in the colours I knew them in, and I would like to thank them for friending me and being helpful in becoming the Architect that I was. I'll name just a few of the bestest friends I knew later.

In the summer of 2012, I don't remember what month, someone mentioned that there was a HawkNet SMP server. I was welcomed along and became more and more involved in this great community. I was quickly upgraded to Architect because of my rank on Classic and stayed that way until I started to do some rather stupid things...

It was the end of August beginning of September 2012 when I started to steal from peoples chests. Ofcourse, this was a completely wrong thing to do and was the most foolish thing I've done on this server. I then got a little to greedy and soon had a large cache of Diamond enchanted armour and tools, potions, blocks, ores, and other valuable items that players had spent a long time getting. Then I did the worst... I stole from the admin, Haza. He noticed his items were gone and when I joined the server, he had logblocked his chests and noticed what I had taken and that was the end of my HawkNet SMP life. I then tried to join the 'Mature Server' as it was called back then, and was greeted by a friendly and very familiar name, ZionFox. I said Hello, got no reply apart from 'You're Banned.' I then tried, in a last ditch attempt to save myself, to join the HawkNet Classic server and see if I could return the items, but the staff had beaten me to it. I was Globally banned from HawkNet... :(

A while after I made a ban appeal, only to see it was instantly denied and I was sent on my way again. However, on a cold evening last winter, I thought 'Oh, That HawkNet server is running again look, I'll see if I can get back on there', and I made a new dispute. However, attitude and rudeness got me nowhere and I was told to re-appeal in a month or 2 and it might be accepted. So, a month or 2 later, I re-appealed and was this time, more polite and civilised and Zion said 'Now that's more like it. See how a nice, non-rude appeal can be so much more appealing than a rude one. Welcome back to HawkNet'. I can honestly say I have never felt so relieved in my life! I was back on one of my favourite communities with some of my oldest Minecraft friends.

And that's where I am today, back on the servers server... (Classic :'( How I do miss you...) hoping to regain my trust and get back the 'Architect' red my name back.

Now, I said I would list a few old friends and the ranks they were when I knew them, so here goes:
(All the staff, great time with you all, very helpful and friendly)
Igloo: When you got Half-Op, and before
Ohnoooew: Since Builder pretty much, used to pretty much everything with you mate!
matilda45: Architect and below
Belgeran: Dunno if I've even spelt that right but who cares, you were a cool Admin
Xerox: xzerox... zerox... I can't even remember but you sure did help me out
ozonez: Been a while old friend
Matrix: You were a good designer, nice to see you still play here mate
Nico: Built with you a few times, great guy, sad to see you left
And many many more!

I will at some point share some old screenshots with you all but that's it for now. If this intro has bored to death then please reply.

Thanks for reading

Hope to see you all online soon!

Cygnus44

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Cygnus's intro
PostPosted: Sat 23 Aug, 2014 - 4:51 pm 
Operator

Nice to see you again Cygnus, welcome back! :D

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Cygnus's intro
PostPosted: Sun 24 Aug, 2014 - 11:13 am 
Builder