It is currently Thu 28 Mar, 2024 - 4:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed 26 Feb, 2014 - 2:46 am 
Admin

This actually started out as an Exia R2, but I decided to turn it into an Exia R3 at the last minute. I've made a few changes to the design of the R3, hence the "Custom" in the name. First off, I removed the GN Rifle, as the exia is designed primarily for close range combat, and the rifle just looks dumb. Next, I added a GN drive in place of the GN condenser. And finally, added the GN Blade Kai, which might have been on the R3 to begin with, but I couldn't find much info about it.

Recolored to look like it's in Trans-Am Mode, also left the GN drive cone unlocked (burst mode), even though I'm not sure if it's possible to use both Trans-Am and burst mode at the same time.

Technology & Combat Characteristics (from gundam.wikia.com)
Spoiler: show
Exia Repair III (or R3) is the successor of R2 and the third/final variant of Gundam Exia. With the 5th Generation Gundams taking top priority, Celestial Being soon found itself lacking a competent mobile suit (MS) force. With the Earth Sphere Federation developing mobile suits surpassing the 3.5 generation Gundams, Celestial Being decided to overhaul the Exia R2 and re-designating it as the GN-001REIII Gundam Exia Repair III.
As a result of the new political climate, Celestial Being made the decision to refrain from interventions unless it was absolutely necessary.[1] Even then, concealment of the Gundams remains a top priority for them and are only used as a last resort.[1] During this time, Celestial Being had limited access to the Orbital Elevators and had difficulties moving the Gundams between Earth and space. As a result, different machines are assigned different places and the Exia Repair III was assigned to Earth.[1]

Though Exia R2's Arsenal was more powerful than that of the original Exia; it was still limited to close quarters engagements. Furthermore, Celestial Being had lost 3 GN Drives during the final battle against the Innovators,[2][3] forcing engineers to outfit Exia with a GN Condenser as a power source. To maximize particle efficiency, Exia was given new GN Thrusters on the rear-skirt armor.[1] The newly designed, enlarged knee and shoulder armor, contain GN Condensers inside them.[1]. As the Exia lineage was not built for long range engagements, Celestial Being upgraded Exia's Arsenal to include the new GN Long Rifle. The rifle is affixed to the left arm and can be folded up for storage. Overall, it can be assumed that the Exia Repair III surpasses Exia Repair II in the sense of usability with its equipment upgrades; the lack of a GN Drive however is a weakness as it means it has an operational time limit.

[Normal/Burst Mode]

Original:

Dynmap:

Front (Day):

Back (Day):

Front (Night):

Back (Night):