It is currently Fri 29 Mar, 2024 - 10:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Server Problems
PostPosted: Thu 09 Jul, 2015 - 5:56 pm 
Super Operator

I'm having this problem (and I know others are too). Whenever I join the server I get kicked after 1 second. This is what comes up:

Attachments:
crash rport.jpg
crash rport.jpg [ 122.12 KiB | Viewed 4521 times ]

Post subject: Re: Server Problems
PostPosted: Fri 10 Jul, 2015 - 4:27 am 
Admin

Been seeing similar EncoderExceptions happening on the server when people attempt to join. I'll give it a restart and see if it's resolved. Thanks for reporting the issue.

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jul, 2015 - 8:51 pm 
Architect

zion, the problem is still happening

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jul, 2015 - 10:38 pm 
Admin

After a quick research it appears that signs that are larger than the character limit are breaking clients.

Quote:
A hack client out right now allows you to place a sign which the line goes over the max string buffer Minecraft can handle; however, it only works on 1.8.6- servers. People have placed signs in places many people go and when you get near them you get kicked from the sever. Update to server version 1.8.7+ to fix people from being able to place the signs. As for deleting the signs people have already placed, you can either revert to an older version of the map(s), remove all the signs in the area using worldedit (which will probably remove important signs), or get someone to make a plugin real quick to delete any sign containing the '|' character, as that is what the client uses to create the glitch.
src: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/error-io-netty-handler-codec-encoderexception-string-too-big-was-32789-bytes-encoded-max-32767.71401/#post-789934

Some clients can connect, the ones who cannot are in certain areas that are loading chunks which crash clients.

I will work on trying to fix it, but it may require a rollback which will revert changes made since then.

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jul, 2015 - 11:25 pm 
Admin

I have performed the fix of updating to Spigot 1.8.7, this may fix the issue, but it is unknown until an effected user logs in (this issue doesn't effect users who haven't loaded the signs).

I would test, but I don't currently, nor do I plan on installing Java. Minecraft for Windows 10 is being released at the end of the month, and that's likely to not use Java, which is when I'll end up getting it.