It is currently Tue 23 Apr, 2024 - 9:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun 24 Aug, 2014 - 11:56 pm 
Admin

There has been an issue today regarding people's money across the server. It only seemed to effect some people, and it was since I had installed the new Eco plugin. This plugin has since been removed and we have reverted back to Essentials, however those accounts who had logged in had their funds wiped due to Vault's stupid automatic overwriting of economies when shared, meaning the missing funds were written into Essentials userdata files. I checked the daily backups of the essentials files, however it only went back to the 21st... I installed the plugin on the morning of the 20th, meaning there were no more backups... Fortunately, the money that people had was synced with MultiWorldMoney, which we use when changing worlds, however there were so many effected people, and over 400 players to check, it would have taken days to manually check each effected player.

I have since rectified the backup issue (it should keep them for longer now, and use much much less space, which will increase the server speed massively too), and had to write a brand new script in PHP to take the money that was stored with MultiWorldMoney, and copy it into each users' Essentials file. I done this while the server was offline, to prevent things from being overwritten. The mountain of issues piling atop me were getting too much, and I regrettably snapped at a player.

I have replaced the Essentials files of the players effected, who have files with MultiWorldMoney, and have since restarted the server. There have been a few command changes too. Using /bal and /money will return the funds of yourself only. Using /balance [name] can return the funds of other players, but only some players have this ability. I will need to talk to Tim about /pay, but if that doesn't seem to work, please use /mwm pay.

I want to formally apologise to Jables225 too. I shouldn't have said what I did say, and I didn't mean to offend or upset you. I was being overwhelmed in the situation, and I should have handled it better. I am sorry for my actions.

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 - 7:23 am 
Agent

It's cool man! I was nagging anyways ;)

Offline Profile Send private message