It is currently Thu 28 Mar, 2024 - 12:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed 31 Oct, 2012 - 7:58 am 
Admin

Any error messages given?

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed 31 Oct, 2012 - 7:37 pm 
Admin

Kit is in the process of moving his factory, should it should reduce load on your end. The server doesn't complain, so unfortunately it's down to the client's and their machine's power, not our server.

And yes, Kit wears RM Armour. All Gem Armour is replaced with Air, and it's not accessible from chests.

This may also apply to other items, especially ones that can change how the server operates (Like the watch that changes time), or gives unfair advantages. I haven't found them all yet, but when I do...

PostPosted: Fri 02 Nov, 2012 - 11:47 am 
Admin

No he wants to make sure no people can say call lightning down and kill everyone/burn factories down with the press of a button. It's unfair since it's not an actual weapon. Also one of the *abilities* of Gem armor is to cause an explosion around you (Similar to the Wither Boss when he spawns), on occasion I've destroyed my own place with it. Hypothetical time. Say Zion's walking through your submarine wearing the armor. If his hand hits the explody button and he destroys it, it's not really his fault. Now if you submarine was protected by (insert protection plugin here) and he can't repair it, you're out of luck.

Hawknet (Last I heard) has already changed a few aspects of Minecraft for their servers such as making day longer. If the watch allows users to mess with that, then they're messing with the way the entire server works. Which is not ok.

Zion is only trying to keep things fair and make sure nothing bad happens to anyone/anyone's builds.

PostPosted: Fri 02 Nov, 2012 - 8:30 pm 
Admin

Satan took the words out of my mouth. After a little testing, I found out that the explosion caused by the Gem Armour is not traceable (Server calls internal functions which logging plugins don't hook, and so don't record). That is the primary reason for disabling it.

Various other parts (like lightning, and a few others) are included in this because it's very easy to harass others with the abilities.

In either case, my decision is final, the armour set has been disabled, and other items may also be disabled, at the discretion of the Administration team.

PostPosted: Sun 04 Nov, 2012 - 6:04 am 
Builder

for me, i can't even connect. i can see the dyn map, but can't use the chat there.

PostPosted: Sun 04 Nov, 2012 - 4:44 pm 
Agent

that means the server is down and the best way to get a response is to leave a message in the forum chat box stating that the server is down.