It is currently Sun 28 Apr, 2024 - 8:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Econ-Jobs
PostPosted: Sat 03 Sep, 2011 - 4:12 pm 
Agent

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/econ-j ... 060.23429/

This would be very nice. Would help the non ops get what they need. And you could reset all money amts and start all new with this

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The interesting part about it is, it changes around the color of your name based on the job. Now having the job Operator or Admin per say would mean we get income based on something that Zion decides. This could also mean we could have more than just member guest op and admin. We could get the full fledged rank system going too. Everyone starts at the bottom like "woodcutter" then "miner". Placing blocks removes some money from their balance. Then after they get established there it can be things like "baker" who makes and sells bread, or "protector" who kills hostile mobs. These incomes would be slightly higher then the previous tier of jobs. After those ranks you get "Designer" and "Redstone Expert", This tier would be specialized to our indev skills. You could have however many tiers as you like and at the top have the "operator" "super operator" and "admin" jobs that involve helping moderating and grand scale building jobs.

The Tier Designer and Redstone expert would have to be trusted to not abuse the system, like every time they place some redstone they get 7 money. Destroying removes the 7. Etc.

Give me your opinions on this .

[Edit]

I forgot to mention job availability. This also comes with the plugin such that you could have different amounts of availability per tier. So low tier jobs would have say 5 open slots per job. This shrinks as you go up. Then you get to the high tier like designer and such its 1-2 slots. People would apply on the forums for a job using a format like a job app. Op+ could then sift through the job apps and assign the job or deny the job to the applicant. We would also need a list of jobs that are open. So that other ops/sops/admin could look at it and if the job applied for isn't open, then the user is given a reply that the position is currently full and deny them. If its open they get an acceptance message and then we edit the list and change their job on the server.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Econ-Jobs
PostPosted: Sat 03 Sep, 2011 - 4:29 pm 
Admin

I'm not so sure on bits of that Idea techy. I'd rather not have 'jobs' take over ranks as much, because it'll technically force people into doing a job they don't want, in order to do another.

I was thinking more along the lines of a trade building, with a trade manager (preferably an op), with 'employees' underneath him. For example: The trade building will host a reception, staff areas, and storage and will be designed with that trade in mind. Miners could be in a shallow dugout mine, loggers can be in a treehouse, redstone artists could be in a very redstone functional building (piston doors, or whatever). When a user wants things from a particular trade, they can appear in the building to give more information (forest needs cutting down, need some retractable lighting in my house, etc). Then the 'employee' would be paid for the job of the rate, and size (which will be discussed) and the user paying them would be the user who wants the task completing.

The trade buildings' storage will contain chests of the most common items used by that trade (picks/torches for miners, axes for loggers, redstone for redstone artists, etc). These chests should be replenished by the trade master (via op powers), or it could be a case of the miners hire loggers for wood for tools, and the redstone artists hire miners for redstone, which allow none operators to become trade masters and rely on other trades for their parts.

I'd rather not have 'jobs' take over ranks, but still have a lot of flexibility on it.

PostPosted: Sat 03 Sep, 2011 - 4:57 pm 
Agent

They wouldnt take over ranks. It would still be Guest Member Op and Admin. Its like a sub group, Id also like to change one thing in my post. Only high tier would apply, there is a command that lists open jobs that they could do here is the list of cmds. I was only suggesting, this system is very flexible.

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep, 2011 - 3:43 am 
Agent

This is the only good one that seems to allow for jobs. It also has a reward system for the longer you are in a job the better your paycheck gets. One person can employ other people from the way Im seeing it. Like say have an overseer rank that could have sub jobs beneath. Thats what I was getting at. Im just throwing ideas at the fan seeing which ones make it out. Its a very flexible system, it allows for what you want it to do. We could prolly run basic form of it in beta and work it out from there. I really would suggest this plugin though :o

PostPosted: Sun 11 Sep, 2011 - 10:49 pm 
Admin

Jobs are now supported. The current jobs are:
  • Miner
  • Toolsmith
  • Farmers
  • Builders
  • Digger
  • Logger

We are looking for Guild houses (a Headquaters for the Trade) and Guild Masters for all other than Builders. I am the current guild master for builders, and for now, guild masters can only be ops.

Guild houses must looks simiarly to the trade they represent. For example, farmers guild house can be a barn, in a wheat field, miners can be in a mineshaft, builders in a well designed house, etc. Guild houses hold a reception area, and a staff area, for resources which must be replaced by guild masters when depleated. Guild houses must hold a current staff list using the PlayerStatusSigns sign plugin to show their online/offline status.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep, 2011 - 1:16 am 
Agent

^^ What he said :3

(I love saying that everytime Zion posts something 'smarty', because it then makes me feel smart :3)

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep, 2011 - 5:46 pm 
Admin

Yeah, maybe. If the map is being regenerated then all are being lost anyway.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep, 2011 - 9:18 pm 
Admin

True, however the only way to not get buildings up and running quickly is to remove the /give, /item and /unlimited commands, which can sometimes prove problematic when you need said commands in a jiffy. We could however give those commands only to administrators, and they only use it rarely.

I think it would be quite fun to get back to the roots of Minecraft, instead of using mods and commands to give you everything you want, then you get bored.

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep, 2011 - 9:20 pm 
Agent

^^ What he said... :3

(SORRY! I just had to say that! Sorry for the Spam :()

PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2011 - 12:50 am 
Agent

We have multiverse right? Set up a dual server - survival on one world, creative on the other. Many servers do it

PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2011 - 2:54 am 
Agent

Just shooting back to the jobs thing, you could set up an op as head of each job, then have a sop supervise them, and the admin over all. Would create a balanced system where people can know who to go to with Q's on something, and since we as op+ keep each other up to date on things things can stay updated. I was taking a look at some of the jobs and how they pay scale works. Looks pretty good, will look into it further to see if I can spot any small glitches :3