It is currently Thu 28 Mar, 2024 - 3:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hawknet Games.
PostPosted: Fri 25 Jul, 2014 - 4:37 am 
Admin

So I was talking to Red and Ohno about the different Events and games we could do and that brought up much reminiscing about ye old gun game from classic. I was thinking if we could increase the power of Bows either item by item or in a specific map to say something that'd instantly kill someone, we'd have our gun game.

With this we can play either team deathmatch, deathmatch or single flag capture the flag with a redstone block and some basic circuitry. Have the block in the middle of the map in a chest or something and each team needs to bring it back to their home base to light up some lanterns or something to win the game.

If the bows can not be tweaked I also suggested command blocks in the "Games world" that we were talking about that would teleport players back to their home base and clear their inventory/respawn the redstone block. With this method we could have a sort of king of the hill type match with pressure plates, lanterns and repeaters slowing the signal. The team who can stand on the plates until all of the lanterns are lit wins.

Failing these options we can always do the basic races, parkour, building challenges, PvP. All that fun stuff. And if we can get people playing in these events (Perhaps with the medals idea that Red had) we can hopefully have more people join us for the games and get some new regulars.

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Hawknet Games.
PostPosted: Mon 28 Jul, 2014 - 10:44 am 
Operator

Yeah this sounds pretty cool, although I swear we've been talking about this for a while now. xD

-Black Science Guy

Post subject: Re: Hawknet Games.
PostPosted: Tue 29 Jul, 2014 - 11:41 am 
Admin

There's a minigame plugin for Bukkit, but I'm not sure how well it can work. It can offer monetary or item based prizes for the winners, but it would likely only persist in that map which we have the games.