It is currently Thu 28 Mar, 2024 - 10:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Would you like to see the introduction of new and true survival map?
Yes 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
No 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Another Survival Map
PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul, 2014 - 9:25 pm 
Architect

As the titles suggests, the introduction of a new survival map that maintains the true values of 'Survival'. This means every player must collect resources and share/trade with others instead of being able to simply purchase them from the Hawknet SMP store. We will resort to the true core values of what it means to be a player in the world of Minecraft Survival.

Interpret and comment as you will.

Last edited by DGSW on Thu 24 Jul, 2014 - 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Another Survival Map
PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul, 2014 - 10:22 pm 
Super Operator

I'd be up for it

PostPosted: Fri 25 Jul, 2014 - 6:58 pm 
Admin

In theory it sounds like a good idea however I believe it'll be ignored quite a bit. Also you don't technically have to use the shop or any other commands at all. They're just there for convenience and to help you with building and such.

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jul, 2014 - 10:42 am 
Operator

I'd be fine with it so long as it's an opt in thing. I mean I like me some shop.

-Black Science Guy

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jul, 2014 - 11:40 am 
Admin

It would be optional, and would contain its own player inventory and XP, meaning it's like starting fresh. Ops+ would likely loose worldedit abilities, and /fly would be taken away, as well as /spawn and /home. It'd be like playing single player, yet with other players.

A vote though, ranks: Should we name the colours as usual, or have a consistent colour for everyone on the map? The little coloured +'s will stay, but I'm talking about name colours.

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jul, 2014 - 1:38 pm 
Admin

Well Zion that would depend. If you were to have the straight survival map be member+ or arch+ then it would be better for the name colours to be off to give players a sort of anonymity. This would be good because those who are higher rank such as Engie, Arch and Agent wont be constantly asked to help with builds when they are otherwise busy (It does happen).

However if this survival map was open to guest as well we'd need the name colours to show who's part of the Moderation team, who the guests can look up to as rolemodels and who the agents/assistants are that can help with various issues that may arise.

Other than that I just don't want to see Zion or another admin make the new map for this and it not be used whatsoever or only one person uses it as that'd be a waste.

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jul, 2014 - 4:39 pm 
Admin

That's the issue, some maps will get used, and some maps won't. Skyblock was really popular for all of around 5 days, and now it's pretty dead. Creative has started to get some usage, but only by Jables, everyone else spends some time in Hawknet, but that's for their survival project, and Flatgrass is popular too, but that's because of the massive building space.

In terms of the minimum rank to build, I was aiming to open it to everyone. Guests still have the ability to use /helpop to call for operators, and lockette/prism will still work in that map, but there'll be a very simplified spawn area, which only the building will be protected. Users can build around the building, so they could make a spawn village, offering their own services for trade. It could increase the community feel, having village farms, mines, and teams. Some people are farmers, harvesting trees, building bread and cakes, looking after the animals, a mining team goes to gather raw resources to promote the building of the area, and a building team who build new homes for new villagers, amenities and other buildings to make the village prosper and grow. I think it'd be really good to get back to basics and stop haxing our way around. If the village is good enough, we may even use it for the new spawn point come a map reset.

PostPosted: Tue 29 Jul, 2014 - 6:07 pm 
Admin

I like the idea and would gladly use the survival map to work as a group for a village or something. We'll just need to put up a sign at the spawn of the survival map telling the really new players (If people come) about /helpop just so we're sure that they know.