It is currently Thu 28 Mar, 2024 - 11:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun 29 Dec, 2013 - 10:32 pm 
Super Operator

Today on hawknet there have been 3 people breaking rules. 2 of which Tim has dealt with (thank god Tim came on when he did) 1 of which I have a report on (on the abuse thread). I was wondering if maybe there could be a temp ban command for architects+. This would be useful in the situations when you've posted a report on fourms and asked them to stop and they haven't. You never know it could go days before someone see's the report and in those days they could be griefing more etc. So this is when the temp ban would come into place. This is just a thought.

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon 30 Dec, 2013 - 12:20 am 
Super Operator

Here's what I think. Firstly, as stated above, it appears the situations were resolved fairly rapidly and all wrongdoing appeared to be reverted without leaving any damage. Secondly, I would suggest that all members are to download steam and add all operators because almost always there is an operator+ available at all times. Finally, I for one look at the forums several times a day, along with the majority of the active ops and keep an eye on the abuse reports. Therefore I do not think a tempban command is necessary at this given time, however this can easily change to adapt the current situation of moderation on SMP.

PostPosted: Mon 30 Dec, 2013 - 12:36 am 
Admin

Ohno has a very valid point. It's not very traditional of us to grant Architects+ with moderation commands (we learned this back when HawkServ didn't have the new ranks, and AdvBuilder had the ability... Everyone was abusing it).

In addition to this, the Agent rank already has the tempban ability. Agents are able to do it too, however the offenders can just return.

I also check these forums multiple times per day, and I am always active on Steam and Skype unless I'm away from my computer. Both of these contact details are on my forum profile.

PostPosted: Mon 30 Dec, 2013 - 12:41 am 
Super Operator

Oh I didn't know agent had temp ban if I knew that I wouldn't have created this whole topic in the post in the first place.

P.S. My computer still isn't allowing me to download new stuff, so I wont be able to download steam to contact ops+

PostPosted: Fri 03 Jan, 2014 - 3:31 pm 
Agent

If I could transfer the files to your computer via memory stick, then you could make an account, but it costs money to buy games, if you want to play them

I'm thinking It could transfer the data I put on my steam account though, so it might not be a good idea to do so

Also, see if you can get Avast! the anti-virus program, as it might be your anti-virus causing it, I had the same problem until I got a new one

Leader of the Might City of Varlos