It is currently Thu 28 Mar, 2024 - 6:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Town Quests
PostPosted: Thu 11 Jul, 2013 - 1:03 am 
Admin

Tonight was playing around with Tim and Que and I started referring to the jobs that needed to be complete to advance the town, that also required leaving the town to return when the objective was complete, as quests. this has given me an idea.

What if each town had it's own Quests board for either it's members or passers by that happen to be in the mood to help? The drawback of Minecraft os you need to set your own goals, elase you risk boredom and I belive that this is a brilliant way to work around that problem, without starting another war.

This leaves more questions, how would we implement such a system, how would we orinise suaitable rewards and whose job is that in hte first place?

Tell me what you guys think, I'm keen to hear the opinions of other on this suggestion.

Vanguard Card Fighter - Grade 1

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Town Quests
PostPosted: Thu 11 Jul, 2013 - 1:08 am 
Admin

Just putting it out there, Que is Qualabar

PostPosted: Thu 11 Jul, 2013 - 1:11 am 
Admin

Sounds like a good idea, there is probably a Towny compatable plugin that allows for town quests

PostPosted: Thu 11 Jul, 2013 - 1:41 am 
Architect

Sounds like fun, I know I'd get involved.

PostPosted: Thu 11 Jul, 2013 - 1:54 am 
Admin

Maybe the town mayor can provide quests (mine x ore, slay the group of zombies that hang around the town at night, etc), with a price format on a billboard within their town. Players would come by, and complete a quest, finding the mayor in his quarters (I'm going to assume that each Mayor has a house or building within the town dedicated to them, like a Jarlshouse from Skyrim and the like), and report that the quest is complete. The mayor then gifts the player the reward (be it money, or assets (could even give them a plot of their town land for completing hard quests, helping others within the town, and such, like Skyrim)), and then remove the quest from the board. There will be a Guildhall at Spawn, where all Towns are listed, their mayors of who to contact, and maybe some radial quests for said towns (constant, neverending, and repeating quests).

I'm all for this idea, I could look at a few plugins, or try my hand at making some myself, which I've had some ideas for since playing Minecraft again.