It is currently Thu 18 Apr, 2024 - 3:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Suggestions and stuff
PostPosted: Mon 08 Jul, 2013 - 4:29 am 
Agent

Hey... it's been a while. I saw the hawknet forums, and I haven't seen many new people D:

I suggest using the Minecraft forums. It can at least get a few more people on. Sharing a server on the minecraft forums isn't really considered to be advertising. It's to get some new people, and I know many people would like to join this server. Right now, the only way for people to locate this server, is by going to hawknet freebuild, then to smp. I've only seen 2 new people here, since for 1 and a half year. Also, towny is meant for big servers. With how many users play on this server (10-15), theres probably going to be two or three towns, with 3 or 4 residents each. It's boring to have so little. You can enhance this server, by making a MCF thread, and making the gaming experience for everyone.

Avalon needs to do /t set perm outsider off, or the town will be screwed up :P

Mob arena would be cool

Ranks based on selling things and money, instead of building... so an admin wouldn't always have to promote after a build

Donor stuff, donate $15 usd, and get a mob spawner, so they can make a mob grinder. Also, access to /nick, and a colored name.

Add a chat filter...

Also, if your wondering where I've been, I've... found other servers. I won't name which server in specific though. Anyways, wonderful to see all of you again

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon 08 Jul, 2013 - 10:58 am 
Admin

I've tried the Minecraft Forums in the past, however they never allowed the thread to be publicly visible, so I gave up on them. I agree Towny is ideal for larger servers, however we didn't really have a choice in the matter, since Factions went down the dependency route.

Due to the current way people can buy and sell things, that means people can easily rank up just by selling dirt. Without scouring logs, Ops+ wouldn't know what they've sold in order to earn a promotion, and automating the process would lead to exploits.

As with Donations, I've always been a bit sceptical about it, since the donor will essentially be paying for the service, meaning we'd have to give them something good in return, that other players won't have, and it could get awkward if they do something to warrant a ban. They could use their 'I paid for it, and they're refusing my access' excuse, which would even stand up in court if they decided to do that. Meaning I'd either have to unban them, or refund them. In addition, most of the current community members are under 18, so it's not exactly easy for them to donate. The only person who donated to us in the past was KSISniper, who instead was paying for a service, of Hawknet running his Minecraft server.

One way around the donations issue, is to have a clause of the Terms and Conditions state what happens during a donation, and what the donor is entitled to. This would also have to be shown to them before their donation too.

And it's good to see you again Ammar! I hope to see you pop into the server, even for only a small while.

PostPosted: Sun 08 Sep, 2013 - 6:37 am 
Agent

Zion Fox wrote:
I've tried the Minecraft Forums in the past, however they never allowed the thread to be publicly visible, so I gave up on them. I agree Towny is ideal for larger servers, however we didn't really have a choice in the matter, since Factions went down the dependency route.

Due to the current way people can buy and sell things, that means people can easily rank up just by selling dirt. Without scouring logs, Ops+ wouldn't know what they've sold in order to earn a promotion, and automating the process would lead to exploits.

As with Donations, I've always been a bit sceptical about it, since the donor will essentially be paying for the service, meaning we'd have to give them something good in return, that other players won't have, and it could get awkward if they do something to warrant a ban. They could use their 'I paid for it, and they're refusing my access' excuse, which would even stand up in court if they decided to do that. Meaning I'd either have to unban them, or refund them. In addition, most of the current community members are under 18, so it's not exactly easy for them to donate. The only person who donated to us in the past was KSISniper, who instead was paying for a service, of Hawknet running his Minecraft server.

One way around the donations issue, is to have a clause of the Terms and Conditions state what happens during a donation, and what the donor is entitled to. This would also have to be shown to them before their donation too.

And it's good to see you again Ammar! I hope to see you pop into the server, even for only a small while.

Well, when was the last time you've tried the Minecraft Forums? Many servers seem to be doing it, and most become successful. Same with Planet Minecraft.

Also, I probrably won't be playing on this server anymore. It's been a fun ride, but, It's different now, since pretty much classic is dead. I usually play on another server now. I really should've said this a year ago... but whatever. If you want to contact me, feel free to add me on skype. Just message me through the Minecraft forums.
Profile: http://www.minecraftforum.net/user/279344-ammar18/

Anyways... yeah. Thanks for hosting such a wonderful server and a wonderful community. It may be small, but these people are amazing. The server was well established, and this server brought a ton of memories, and great times.