It is currently Fri 29 Mar, 2024 - 12:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue 30 Oct, 2012 - 11:51 pm 
Engineer

There is technically already a rule in place for the first one. "No lag inducing contraptions" or some such. There just needs to be more strict enforcing.

I don't see any reason to change the second. The point of an invisible zapper shield is to be invisible and zap. If you don't want to suffer the effects, don't wander in to other people's builds uninvited.

I'm all for #3, so long as it doesn't cause any unacceptably significant drag on the server.

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed 31 Oct, 2012 - 12:27 am 
Admin

1) As Deaf stated, lag inducing builds aren't allowed, but factories are. Granted they shouldn't be so close together, but Kitainian is moving his further away, so that should resolve this issue.

2) Again, as Deaf said, you shouldn't wander into other peoples builds uninvited, which is why invisible force fields are there, and they zap you to say "No, ask first."

3) I'm fully against having users install additional mods. The only reason we have Tekkit is because it's a quick and easy download, and it's launched via a launcher. That, and this Flan mod pack doesn't seem to be compatible at all with Tekkit, due to different systems used (Tekkit uses Forge, Flan uses ModLoader, they don't work together).

Offline Profile Send private message