It is currently Fri 19 Apr, 2024 - 1:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Materials
PostPosted: Fri 20 Jan, 2012 - 1:34 pm 
Architect

Hey guys,

I would like to build something epic but currently without creative mode it can be too tedious to gather the kinds of materials I would like to use. For example, I have been working on a castle project that needs cyan wool for the roof. It has taken me hours of shearing sheep to get enough to complete half of it.

My point is can we make requests for non game-breaking materials (such as colored wool) in order to create some epic builds? Or do we wait until creative comes back to town. If we are able to make these requests, Can you lay down the procedure for doing this. I would imagine something like post on the forums the Type of build, Block type and quantity and allow an op/admin to review before allowing the request.

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Materials
PostPosted: Fri 20 Jan, 2012 - 1:45 pm 
Admin

The only problem with this is that it's unmoderated once the materials swap hands. The user gaining the materials could then give those materials to others, or sell them, or however the user wants to abuse them.

If you consider the fact that if it were just plain 'ol Minecraft, with no inventory mods, and no giving of items, you'd have to do it all manually anyway. I'd also like to see what other ops think about this. ^^

PostPosted: Fri 20 Jan, 2012 - 1:50 pm 
Architect

Sure, I understand. In fact, after further thought, Gaining certain materials illegitimately undermines the value of the build anyway. I think I will stick to grinding for materials. Thanks for the response though. However...The power of a potential ban for abusing requests surely outweighs the risk of swapping a few pieces of colored wool? Remember, These requests are for non-game breaking materials only. Just things that are a PIT* to gain ^^

On another similar note, What is the deal with Glowstone? Can we request that? or at least ask an OP/Admin to place it in our builds?

Last edited by loosebeat on Fri 20 Jan, 2012 - 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 20 Jan, 2012 - 1:52 pm 
Admin

Due to the current lack of The Nether due to plugin issues, Glowstone, and other Nether only resources can be requested. In terms of valuable Nether items, the operator may be asked to place said objects manually.