It is currently Sun 28 Apr, 2024 - 10:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed 04 Jan, 2012 - 4:32 pm 
Admin

A couple of suggestions.

Since there's no outright war I'd like to suggest '"siege" or blockades. The "attacking" faction will travel to the victim faction and place them in a state of siege. The attackers will make a demand (Something reasonable, not 5k diamonds). The defenders can choose 1 of three actions after this.

1. The path of willpower - The attackers surround the "victim's" base and wait. The defenders will be forced to stay inside their base surviving on whatever food they have there. This path lasts 5 game days or until either side gives up. There is no fighting on this path.

2. The path of cowardice - The defenders give into the demands of the attackers. There is no fighting on this path.

3. The path of power - The defender either opens their gates and fights the attackers or both sides go to a central Colosseum where they pick one champion each and fight it out. If the attackers win, the defenders give them what they demanded. If the defenders win the attackers must compensate the defenders for this inconvenience.

Two more suggestions.

A weekly tournament where every faction that wish to enter may enter. Each faction chooses a champion and they all fight in the Colosseum. The winning faction receives a special item (We'll figure out what it is later). This item makes the faction that holds it immune to sieges and gives them a voice in trading. For example if the ProKira and the Smiths wish to trade 64 iron ingots for 12 diamonds and The Exiled Ones (TXO) hold the "item of power" the exiled ones can make their own offer for whatever item they want. So if TXO wishes to offer 64 redstone and the Smiths need redstone, the Smiths can choose to accept either offer. It's a little confusing but it'll be better in practice.

My other suggestion is flags with each faction's color. Using fence 1 upon another we make the pole. Colored wool will serve as the flag. So if the Smiths are green they'd use green wool for their flag. It will help mark what towns belong to what faction.

What do ya think?

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed 04 Jan, 2012 - 4:59 pm 
Agent

I am just going to say the first bit of the suggestion isnt going to happen, factions are here for community not war. I do however like the coliseum idea. I have a special armor and tool set I have made that makes a player nearly invincible. Its called the Titan set. I could put 1 set into a championship at the end of the month, lesser pieces could be donated for weekly tourneys. If people start bickering however the tournament will be shut down, we would also need to allow for PvP if we were to do this which would mean if people tried to attack another faction it would have to be dealt with immediately. We cant have people fighting within our community.

PostPosted: Wed 04 Jan, 2012 - 5:07 pm 
Builder

If we do turn PvP on, I hope we can trust our community not to abuse that privilege in any way. There is a plugin called PvP arena, but I'm pretty sure it's not compatible with Permissions 3. But otherwise yes I would love some action in an arena, if we do go through with it, we could help build the Colosseum in probably a few hours at the most. And yeah, I've experienced the best of minecraft friends torn apart by factions, and it's not pretty, and it's not fun having to deal with those situations because a lot of them end up in a ban.