It is currently Sun 05 May, 2024 - 5:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Block Count
PostPosted: Fri 26 Aug, 2011 - 12:00 am 
Agent

this is a pretty major problem but can be avoided a little by using /h all thanks for finding this :D

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri 26 Aug, 2011 - 6:37 am 
Admin

Can you explain exactly what needs to be done to recreate this please? ^^

PostPosted: Fri 26 Aug, 2011 - 7:42 am 
Banned

I've noticed this too. Every time you log out and log back in, the amount of blocks you modified on your last login is doubled. Basically this means that EVERYONE'S block count is double what it should be. I haven't reported this before because I haven't confirmed this before.

PostPosted: Fri 26 Aug, 2011 - 4:12 pm 
Agent

But... but... I want to keep my 20 mil block count D:

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 - 8:40 am 
Admin

That's because he already had modified 10,000 blocks and they were added to his total blocks.

For the block count, the blocks you have modified are stored in the database. When you come online that database value is put into a variable, which will be your total block count. There is another variable which stores how many blocks you have modified since logging on. These two variables are added together to create your total block count. When you log off, that value is written to the database.

If a player has 10,000 blocks total, and 0 blocks since logging on, he will have 10,000 blocks when logging off.

If a player has 10,000 blocks total, and 264 blocks since logging on, he will have 10,264 when logging off. The report on /whois will still show that he has 10,264 total blocks, and 264 since logging on. From there it's simple math to see how many blocks he had when he joined. Take the blocks he done since logging on, and take them away from his total block count.

I'll review over the block count code after the weekend, it's Manchester Pride today, and we're going to get Chris' car tomorrow. :D

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2011 - 7:35 pm 
Admin

If a user has a total blocks of 10,264 and has modified 264 since logging on, the total blocks in that list include the blocks since logging on. When he logs out, 10,264 is stored to his name on the database, and then used again next time.

Next time he logs on he should have 10,264, and 0 since logging on... He starts building again, doing another 264 since logging on. The list will now show 10,528 total and 264 since logging on. Again, this adds the number 10,264 and 264 together.

The ingame fariable of '$blocks' will also show the users total block count.

PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep, 2011 - 6:41 am 
Banned

Zion, it sounds like you have a doubled up variable there. it sounds like your "total blocks" variable is updated every time a user modifies a block, as is the "in this session" variable. but in addition to directly adding the amount to your "total blocks", it sounds like the server adds the "in this session" variable to the "total blocks" on logout, creating the double-blocks issue.

PostPosted: Fri 02 Sep, 2011 - 9:36 am 
Admin

I see. I'll check over the code relating to block counts. ^^

PostPosted: Sat 03 Sep, 2011 - 1:42 am 
Agent

yh except it also counts the blocks that they edited while they are on. E.g if you do /whois before placing a block then place a block and do /whois it will show that for example before the block placing you have 0 blocks then when you place it it will show it as 1 block in both edited total and for edited in the current session.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]