It is currently Mon 29 Apr, 2024 - 4:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Autorank
PostPosted: Thu 02 Aug, 2012 - 8:23 pm 
Assistant

Hawknet should try implanting an autorank plugin or command. I'm not familiar with MCLawl config.guis and such, but making an autorank file would be great if Hawknet ever goes public. You could allow the plugin/command to only work on online players. . You can do a search for online players every 5 seconds. So every 5 seconds the server could send updates to the playerDB for online players. You would prob need an AutoRankEditor.exe and an AutoRankEditor.xml file.

~Ask not what your server can do for you. Ask what you can do for your server~

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Autorank
PostPosted: Thu 02 Aug, 2012 - 8:52 pm 
Admin

Could you elaborate on how one qualifies to be automatically ranked?

What happens about demotions, or any other sort of punishment?

I have thought of a system similar to this in the past (based on block count and time spend on the server), but it could be abused so much to gain ranks it didn't seem worth it. For beginner servers where the admins don't really know much about the server, it may be too much for them to handle when people are being automatically promoted, especially via exploits.

PostPosted: Sat 04 Aug, 2012 - 9:01 pm 
Assistant

That's why the AutoRankEditor is there. Server owners could edit it anywhere from no autorank-ranking people based off of how many log ins that person has(not recommended lol). Also, the server owner could do AND or OR conditions. Example: Rank from Guest-Builder. Conditions: Player must have EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN 5000 blocks modified AND GREATER THAN 3 hours online. Capitalized letters could be things that they can edit (along with numbers). Also, you could add in total log-ins, bans, kicks, and w/e for the server owner to choose from.

~Ask not what your server can do for you. Ask what you can do for your server~

PostPosted: Sun 05 Aug, 2012 - 2:03 am 
Admin

It sounds interesting when put that way. I wouldn't be using an external editor to modify it though. The conditions could be stored in flatfile, and it would be based on group (possibly with a user based blacklist). Currently there isn't a variable which stores the players active online time, only date joined, and date last seen, so that needs to be added to HawkServ first.

For the setting and editing system, a new tab may very well appear in the Properties menu.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]