It is currently Mon 29 Apr, 2024 - 3:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: /restore extension
PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan, 2012 - 9:45 pm 
Agent

Since it is often hard to clearblockchanges and restore at the same time since some people will begin to build as soon as they spawn techy came up with the idea of a /restore extension (i came up with the extension part) Doing /restore @ or # [map restore] (depending on what symbol zion chooses) will clearblockchanges and restore the map to [restore] just like normal but with the addition of having that option.

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: /restore extension
PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan, 2012 - 11:16 pm 
Admin

This is a nice idea, I do like it a lot. No only does it prevent the chat being spammed with logs, but it also prevents lengthy database access times which slows everything down.

I'm thinking though, instead of operators having to learn a new command, there will be a properties menu which allows the server administrator to change the option. This way, /restore stays the same, and will or won't clear the block changes on the server owners preference.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan, 2012 - 11:23 pm 
Builder

I think a separate command is better. Since changing the restore command will not give people an option to go from one map and restore as well as clear block changes, and then go to another map and just do a normal restore without having to get someone to go to the console, and change it back round to do one map and then change it back to do another.

PostPosted: Sun 15 Jan, 2012 - 1:59 am 
Agent

Ok so I thought I posted earlier, guess it didnt take xD. Anyhow I wrote less than I meant to. Why not both? Give it as an option on the console, but also have it as an extension for Sop+ (unless we move clearblockchanges to op) to use. It gives the option of using both ^^

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]