It is currently Sun 12 May, 2024 - 6:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Permanent Day
PostPosted: Sat 20 Aug, 2011 - 4:43 am 
Admin

Yeah, yeah... i know time is "frozen" for a reason, but its really taking every ounce of fun out of SURVIVAL multi-player. I don't mine unless I'm making something under my house like a basement, so i never really see any monsters, and i know there are a lot of people on the server who spend the majority of they're time building above ground. Whats the point of building a fortress when no monsters are trying to get in? Wheres the fun in that? If creepers are "blowing everything up" (as techy or belgeran said), why not disable explosions from creepers (I know there is a way)? Or why not disable creepers all together? And also, when it rains, why do other ops disable it as quick as they can? Am i suppose to be doing that? Because i don't see why you don't just disable rain all together if its a problem. So confused... :|

Offline Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Permanent Day
PostPosted: Sat 20 Aug, 2011 - 6:36 am 
Admin

For the permanent day thing, Belgeran's suggestion was to freeze time because he was afraid of the night, plus, all the operators were setting it to day when it was just getting dark. I could always re-enable realtime, however that would keep it night for a very long time, and usually the only time that some users can come on. The only other choice is to disable the plugin, and leave the time alone, back to normal Minecraft time.

For rain, it's turned off because peoples computers can't handle it. I personally like the rain, however all other ops just turn it off.

Mobs can be disabled using Essentials, so I'll leave it to the community to decide what happens there.

PostPosted: Sat 20 Aug, 2011 - 9:06 am 
Admin

It doesn't have to be real time, couldn't it be day for one hour and night for one hour? And i say we either make a new rule disallowing operators to change the time of day or take the command away completely. I don't see why we need to be messing with time anyway. And LOL "Belgeran's suggestion was to freeze time because he was afraid of the night" :lol: Belgeran, slap me next time you see me on classic... lol

PostPosted: Sat 20 Aug, 2011 - 11:41 am 
Admin

Find a good plugin that allows custom timeframes. Could even be a whole day cycle in 24 minutes, rather than 24 hours.

PostPosted: Sat 20 Aug, 2011 - 5:51 pm 
Agent

i'ma fraid of the dark when it's perma night ((For me) Gotta Love Time Zones)

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fix-me ... 060.30662/
you can change the length of the day in it's settings

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-t ... 953.16995/

same type thing

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug, 2011 - 5:32 pm 
Agent

I don't exactly agree with the realistic day cycle. I'm in America so it's always night for me, when Zion and others in the UK would get day mostly. I think a normal 10 min/10 min is perfectly fine. It allows people to experience both day/night and mobs get spawned at a decent rate.

Although I know the problem with OPs resetting day/weather... I'm totally guilty. In order for the 10 min/10 min day cycle to work, we would have to refrain from using that command for the time being.

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug, 2011 - 8:09 pm 
Admin

The TimeSync plugin (realtime) has been disabled and replaced with a plugin which allows both freezing time, and custom cycles. Currently the time cycle is:
  • 1 minute Dawn
  • 18 minutes Day
  • 1 minute Dusk
  • 8 minute Night

The /time command has also been disabled apart from admins.

There is a current issue with the sun, visually during the daytime, where you'll see it jump back occasionally. This is due to the longer daytime part of the cycle, and nothing can be done to fix it. It can only be fixed by clientside mods, and I don't think there are any at the minute.