It is currently Mon 13 May, 2024 - 9:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011 - 10:55 am 
Agent

yes. my minecraft look like this when i play on SMP.

Attachments:
2011-08-19_12.50.56.png
2011-08-19_12.50.56.png [ 342.95 KiB | Viewed 2895 times ]

Spoiler: show
Picture is not made by me.
  Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011 - 12:12 pm 
Admin

That extra health you have there will not work on SMP. Health is determined by the server, not the client, so it will still take 10 hearts to kill you (20 hits).

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011 - 3:48 pm 
Agent

well after that post i tested health. so i was knowing it and i was lazy to fix it :#

Spoiler: show
Picture is not made by me.

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug, 2011 - 5:33 pm 
Agent

That kind of stuff happens with the yogbox. If you also have the easy tree cutting mod enabled, you'll notice that as you chop wood the tree will disappear for a second, then return just as fast. The server is in charge of that kind of stuff, and client side mods can do very little to affect that (basically the only thing client side mods can accomplish is flying).

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug, 2011 - 8:01 pm 
Admin

And anything else which only effects the client. Scoring systems based on blocks broken, gained, minimaps, extra statistics over players' heads (health, armour, are all publically sent to players via the server). Like you said, only things that effect the speed which you break items, health depletion rates, automatic item generation, etc. Anything that is controlled by the server will not be effected by your mod.

A similar situation if the server was modded. For example, if the 'moCreatures mod was applied, it would effect everyone on the server, however only modified clients will see the effects. Clients withou the mod will be getting pushed around or attacked and killed by mobs that don't exist to them. They can't even fight back, since the clients requests that the server accepts an attack call at X, Y, and Z, and compares to see if a mob or player is at X, Y and Z, if true the player/mob is dealt damage according to the item used (server calculated, swords that strike millions of damage will not effect players).

For mods to work properly, both the server, and ALL clients that connect need the mod, which is why I'm very against using server mods that REQUIRE clients to have the same mod. That and it'll break every time Minecraft is updated and we have to rely on the mod creator to update to the latest version (which in some cases, may never ever happen).

PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug, 2011 - 2:18 am 
Agent

^ what he said :D