It is currently Thu 28 Mar, 2024 - 7:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The community City build
PostPosted: Thu 26 Nov, 2015 - 12:49 am 
Admin

So I've spoken about this in the shoutbox and I feel like we could do something with the Creative map as most players go to the Flatgrass map for testing things and just plain creatively building. My thinking is to reset (To a blank over world map) and remake the Creative map into a community building map. One with an overarching theme that everyone follows.

My suggestion was the "Endless City" build wherein people can add to the city as they please with roads connecting every build. Now what I didn't specify was what kind of city. Whether it be Modern, Medieval, Victorian, etc.

As this is an "Endless" city it'll expand into multiple biomes (potentially) and the build themes will change as such. But of course, this is just an idea. We could ressurect the Star Destroyer from Classic and redo that in a Creative map. We could recreate all of Middle Earth from Lord of the Rings, You decide!

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu 26 Nov, 2015 - 6:03 pm 
Super Operator

I'd be up for it, there's no point having a map sitting there doing nothing all the time. As for the theme I don't mind. The Star Destroyer though I'd love to make, never really went on classic so I haven't seen the one made there though anything stars wars related I'm up for.

PostPosted: Fri 27 Nov, 2015 - 12:00 am 
Admin

Well if we do the City I can take some time and start it with a part or a "Spawn" area as well as some roads. We just need to pick a theme. If we go Starwars... I don't know

PostPosted: Fri 27 Nov, 2015 - 5:53 pm 
Super Operator

I for one done mind what theme we settle on. And as much as I love the idea of a star wars themed futuristic city it's probably best not to as it may turn people who don't like star wars away.

PostPosted: Fri 27 Nov, 2015 - 10:48 pm 
Admin

I personally lead towards either a historic or fantasy city as it allows for more creativity in people's builds rather than square, squat houses or soaring square apartments.