It is currently Fri 19 Apr, 2024 - 8:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri 30 May, 2014 - 12:33 am 
Admin

This started out with me wanting to give my space colony a back story, it ended up as something much more complicated xD I took the charter of the universal century, and reworked it for Hawknet. This is just something I did for fun when I was bored, I figured it would make for deeper town back stories.

Spoiler: show
Charter of the Hawknet Century
Proclamation
The Hawknet Federation hereby proclaims the text below as the Charter of the Hawknet Century.
Executed at the Zeta Space Colony on the first day of H.C. 0001. By the Prime Minister of the Hawknet Federation, Zion Fox.
CHAPTER I. Hawknet Century
Article 1 The Hawknet Federation and its Member States, to pursue the expansion of space activities and to protect Hawknet's environment, shall adopt the unified era name “the Hawknet Century” as a symbol of the unity of the human race.
Article 2 1. The Hawknet Century shall be the sole official era name of the Hawknet Federation. 2. The Hawknet Federation shall prepare annual federal budgets and programs based on the Hawknet Century calendar system. 3. The principal and subsidiary organs of the Hawknet Federation shall use “the Hawknet Century” in all official documents.
CHAPTER II. Expansion of Space activities
Article 3 The Hawknet Federation and its Member States, in order to expand space activities in the End for the survival of the human race, must play a constructive role in accordance with the fundamental principles of the Hawknet Federation.
CHAPTER III. Development of space settlements
Article 4 In the development of space settlements, including settlements on the Moon and other celestial bodies, the Hawknet Federation and its Member States shall be guided by the principle of equal emphasis upon both development and the protection of Hawknet's environment, with due consideration of cultural and social diversity.
Article 5 Space settlement projects shall be integrated at a high level into the politics of the Hawknet Federation and ensured in accordance with the principle of social stability.
CHAPTER IV. Space emigration policies
Article 6 The Hawknet Federation and its Member States shall execute active space emigration policies so as to ensure a decent existence for all those who lack sufficient resources.
Article 7 Every citizen of the Hawknet Federation and its Member States has the right to freely move to and reside in the federally approved space settlements, including the settlements on the Moon and other celestial bodies, within the limitations of federal laws.
Article 8 The Hawknet Federation shall manage all space settlements, including the settlements on the Moon and other celestial bodies, in the interests of Hawknet's environment and the future of the human race.
Article 9 Each space settlement shall function as a local public agency of the Hawknet Federation, and its administrative function shall in principle belong to the central government of the Hawknet Federation.
Article 10 The Hawknet Federation shall legislate specifically for the space emiguration of displaced persons and citizens of third countries who need the support of the Federation.
CHAPTER V. Rights and infrastructure of the space settlements
Article 11 The Hawknet Federation, under federal laws, shall pursue the realization of human rights and fundamental freedoms without distinction as to race, sex, language, or religion, for all citizens of the space settlements, including settlements on the Moon and other celestial bodies.
Article 12 The Hawknet Federation, in order to create and maintain an amenable environment for the human race, shall establish public infrastructure for economics, society, culture, education, and healthcare in the space settlements, including settlements on the Moon and other celestial bodies.
CHAPTER VI. General provisions
Article 13 This Charter shall not be misinterpreted as giving any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of the rights recognized in this Charter.
Article 14 This Charter, authentically written in the English text, shall remain deposited in the archives of the Hawknet Federation or of such representatives as the Hawknet Federation may designate.
CHAPTER VII. Future
Article 15 The Hawknet Federation shall prepare the following articles for the future of the human race with high hopes and expectations.
1. In preparation for an extraterrestrial biological emergency, the Hawknet Federation shall increase and expand research and preparedness.
2. In the future, should the emergence of a new space-adapted human race be confirmed, the Hawknet Federation shall give priority to involving them in the administration of the government.
THE UNION OF HAWKNET

In short, Zion Fox is the Prime Minister of the Hawknet Federation. The timeline we live in on the smp and ftb server is called the "Hawknet Century" (Chapter 1). The End is space (Chapter 2). And we will allow members without sufficient resources to temporarily live in an empty house in the Hawknet Space Colony, and provide them with one fishing pole, one wooden axe, one wooden pickaxe, and one wooden sword (Chapter 4).

I'd appreciate some suggestions on what to make of the rest of the charter, if you can stand to read it all. I'm open to suggestions on the names as well. So Hawknet Century and Hawknet Federation can be changed to something else. Also, Zion, do you remember what month and year you first started running an smp server? I'm trying to determine what year the Hawknet Century is at xP

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri 30 May, 2014 - 12:43 am 
Admin

Changed it back to Hawknet Space Colony. I'll just say it's been there since H.C. 0001 xP

Edit: Changed name of space colony to "Zeta Space Colony".

Offline Profile Send private message