It is currently Fri 19 Apr, 2024 - 8:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue 06 Nov, 2012 - 3:13 pm 
Admin

To try to promote the stability of the Tekkit SMP server, all player inventories will be purged (but backed up). Certain players chosen at random (so it seems) crash the server when they log on. This is another experiement to try to make the Tekkit server more stable.

The purge will happen on Thursday afternoon, GMT. After this time, all player inventories will be backed up, and new inventories will be created instead. This should hopefully resolve any issues the tekkit server has been having lately, and so will leave the server more stable.

To store your inventory and prevent you from loosing hard earned items, please place your items into a protected chest before Thursday afternoon. This is the official warning, so if there's any loss of data, you can't say we didn't warn you.

Other than that, please keep fingers/paw digits crossed and hope that this resolves the issues, as the way the server keeps crashing at the moment, it's becoming more and more unlikely that we'll keep it running.

Don't forget to tell your friends about this too, as many people don't read the forums as often.

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed 07 Nov, 2012 - 2:23 am 
Architect

Zion, you forgot flippers! Walrus's don't have paws or fingers D:

TEAM RED
Members:
EnderKing (FloatingFatMan)
Walrus Prince (TheJamMammoth)
jazzi

Castellan of the Timelords

PostPosted: Wed 07 Nov, 2012 - 2:43 am 
Architect

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Very true :=

But I would rather cross tusks even if it sounds painful.

PostPosted: Wed 07 Nov, 2012 - 8:37 pm 
Admin

I have been un able to connect to back up my invetory, if you can get a list of what is in it from server can you plese PM me so I can fix restore my inventory after the purge, if I can get back on. I do owe kitain an alchemy pouch thingy, which is still in my inventory but that's all I can think of in terms of belongings.

Vanguard Card Fighter - Grade 1

PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov, 2012 - 12:02 am 
Architect

Kinda off topic but in your guys opinion, what percent of the Hawknet Community plays on what server?

TEAM RED
Members:
EnderKing (FloatingFatMan)
Walrus Prince (TheJamMammoth)
jazzi

Castellan of the Timelords

PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov, 2012 - 12:34 am 
Admin

I would say it depends on your definition of community.

A total of 58,857 (as of today) individual players have joined the Classic server at least once.
A total of 332 players have joined the regular Vanilla SMP Server from since we have been running the LogBlock plugin (March, 2012).
A total of 50 players have joined the Tekkit SMP server since we started running LogBlock (September, 2012)

These are just factual numbers though, it doesn't take numbers to make a community, it takes activity, and, well...

A total of 66 members registered on the forums have more than 10 posts. 7 of these are already banned, and are no longer part of our community, and another number aren't active any more.

This makes getting a percentage of the active community very difficult to collect, but, as a very very wide guestimate...

I would say:
<1% play on the Classic server at least once per week.
10% play on the Normal SMP server at least once per week.
89% play on the Tekkit SMP server at least once per week.

This surprises me, considering during the Tekkit server vote, people said they would play all servers equally, however: Normal SMP has been updated for clients, but not our server, meaning that it will be dead unless players really want to play on it, and the Classic server recently recovered from an issue relating to the Heartbeat system, meaning no one could connect to it, even if they wanted to.

TL;DR

There's no solid way to get an accurate percentage of active community members play on which server without first getting the figure of active community members.

PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov, 2012 - 11:45 am 
Admin

You're missing the point, Dark. I'm only providing the Tekkit server based off the premise that people would join all servers equally, and this has proven to be untrue. I do however blame the 1.4.x update, not peoples preference.

PostPosted: Thu 08 Nov, 2012 - 10:54 pm 
Architect

Once the new update comes I plan to start playing on SMP again but for now on you will catch me on Classic.

PostPosted: Sat 10 Nov, 2012 - 11:28 pm 
Architect

Dark just because Tekkik is more expansive doesn't mean that is why everyone plays on it. I know this is true because the only reason I play on it is because there is more people on it.

PostPosted: Wed 12 Dec, 2012 - 5:32 am 
Builder

really? only 66 people have ever made over 10 posts? thats crazy. i guess in a sea of servers its hard to find one thats good.