It is currently Sun 28 Apr, 2024 - 6:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue 08 Jul, 2014 - 10:58 pm 
Agent

Username on Minecraft: CodyHarlan

Rank at Hawknet SMP: Agent

Rough estimate of your time there so far: 2 years approx

What Timezone Are you in?: GMT

Your Location: (Nothing more than country is required but you can be as specific as you like): England, Lancashire

Languages you speak: (Your native language plus any secondary languages): English, some Spanish and French

Have you been banned from our services before?: No.

An Operator is doing something you think is wrong, what do you do?: It completely depends on what I believe they're doing wrong, if it's something like an matter of opinon on a situation then I would simply contact them privately and give them my views, however if it is something bigger than just a small minor situation such as banning without permission/reason, griefing or flat out breaking the rules of the server then I will simply contact a higher member such as an admin and will give them evidence of the wrong doings and then leave the situation with them but also keep an eye on the situation from afar to provide move evidence or report more incidents to the admin.

You see someone griefing, yet no Ops are available to help you, and you're not an Operator yet. What do you do?: I will ask them to stop the griefing and refer them to the rules of the server and possible show possible outcomes of their wrong doings, if after this they refuse to listen to reason and carry on with the rule breaking I will firstly kick them from the server with my agent rank and if they come back against and persist in the rule breaking I will use /tempban on them and report them to a higher ranking member such as OP, SOP and admin.

Experience with being an Operator or higher rank on other servers (server name and experience): I was an admin for a time on an old friends server which has sadly disbanded and shutdown so the name of the server is no longer available, other than this I do not have and experience on other servers.

What skills can you bring to the Op team?: I believe the skills I can bring forward to the OP team are such things as being able to calmly assess situations and the knowledge of such things as the wide variety of commands at an OP's disposal would allow me to be able to deal with the situation after assessment.

On top of this I am currently a long standing member on Hawknet and login regularly to the SMP server and tend to spend quite a long time on their, along with spending time building there I also chat with other players online and try to be very friendly to other members.

Another skill I could provide to the OP team is my building skills that I have on the server, this is easily shown off my by previous ranks such as Architect, Engineer and also the currently spawn shop being designed by me, so my building skills would come in very handy with helping out around the server.

How often do you read the server rules and the Terms and Conditions?: Once every month or so.

Can you cite any changes made to the rules/Terms in the past week?: No.

What is the name of the most recently added plugin?: Craftbay.

What have you done to help this server so far, and/or how do you plan to help once you become an operator?: Currently on the server I have done multiple community builds such as the spawn shop which is used by nearly every member regularly, the newly constructed witch farm which provides witch mob drops to other players and then the large enderman farm in the end I have constructed for all members to use to gain experience, this farm has been constructed on both the current map and the previous one.

One of the other things I have done on the server is generally try to keep situations calm and under control when a high ranking member is not online, this would consist of stopping fights between members as I wait for an OP or higher rank to come online and properly deal with the problem.

The plans I have for operator would not be much different from what I am currently doing, I will still continue to try to make public use builds to make life easier for everyone on the server.

Another Operator is pestering you, and you have the rank of Operator as well, what do you do?: I will simply ask them to be patient till I am done with my current matter, once done I will nicely ask them what they were requesting of me, however if the thing they're requesting of me goes against the server rules I will decline them and report them to a higher ranking member.

Name the current Admins, SOps and Ops of the server:
Operators: AnotherMatrix, gdssdg, Waffle1242.
Super operators: Satan, craftygirl2000, Hardscope, RedFox102, Dmason, Ohno.
Admins: ZionFox, Tim, Haza, OGara5, Rogiler. (edited due to recent demoting of Techy and Belg.)

Two words to describe you: Friendly and helpful.

Signed: CodyHarlan (Richard)

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jul, 2014 - 7:48 am 
Admin

Unfortunately, you, alongside everyone else have not made Operatorship yet. We feel this because of your very recent promotion to Agent. We feel that you need some training with server moderation and such and spending a few weeks as an Agent before a possible promotion to Operator.

Offline Profile Send private message  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]