It is currently Sun 28 Apr, 2024 - 12:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon 16 Sep, 2013 - 2:47 am 
Engineer

Username on Minecraft:

Deaf_Justice

Rank at Hawknet Freebuild:

Engineer

Rough estimate of your time there so far:

Just shy of 2 years

What Timezone Are you in?:

Pacific Standard (West Coast, USA)

Your Location: (Nothing more than country is required but you can be as specific as you like):

Washington State, United States

Languages you speak: (Your native language plus any secondary languages):

English(Primary), Japanese(University), German (Grade school)

Do you hold a Paid Minecraft account?:

Yes

An Operator is doing something you think is wrong, what do you do?:

If an Operator is doing something 'incorrectly' from my perspective, I will privately message them with an inquiry regarding their intentions. Should I be able to provide assistance, an offer will be made through the same private conversation to preserve the dignity of both parties.

Similarly, for an infringement of their duties or the rules of fair use, a private message will be sent to the Operator. The message will contain my view of the event, a request for clarification in the case that either they or I am mistaken in the interpretations of the potentially violated rule, and following that exchange, offering an acceptable alternative if one is available. If the Operator does not or can not respond, a SuperOp or higher member would be sent a private message with a complete summary of the event including a time stamp, screenshot, summarized concern, and possible actions to solve the problem if available.

You see someone griefing, yet no Ops are available to help you, and you're not an Operator yet. What do you do?:

If the territory being griefed is unfamiliar, I would ask them if they are the original builder/owner of the area being griefed. Should the area clearly belong to someone else, or if the griefing violates other rules (rude builds/block towers/etc) then the user would be asked to stop, inform them of the Hawknet TOS and Rules of use, and the incident would be recorded with a series of screenshots. Those screenshots of the damage and conversation would be compiled and used to fill out an abuse report for the appropriate server.

Additionally, if possible, I would attempt to engage the abusive member in an alternative task such as a temporary collaborative build or beneficial demolition site to prevent further damage until the appropriate entity can address the abuse report.

Experience with being an Operator or higher rank on other servers (server name and experience):

Helped to rebuild failing servers in the past in advisory and administrative positions, all names and details have been forgotten since finding a family with Hawknet.

What makes you better suited for this position than other applicants?:

*Availability
The hours I am active tend to cover a significantly longer time period than other members. This means more issues can be addressed in a timely fashion and prolonged assistance can be provided if needed.

*Experience
Despite the talent clearly expressed by the other applicants, my experience results in a very wide and very deeply delved base of practical and theoretical knowledge of game mechanics, community expectations, and innovation. Most questions and issues can be addressed directly, indirectly, or with an efficient referral.

My skills as a builder are well known, my thoughtful approach to conversation has been appreciated, and those who have shared their feelings have expressed overwhelming support, both in the server and in the physical world. My efforts for internal growth and passionate distaste for negativity and conflict will mean that every effort will be made to avoid and correct potentially harmful situations.

How often do you read the server rules and the Terms and Conditions?:

When possible, every couple weeks.

Can you cite any changes made to the rules/Terms in the past week?:

No, I've been backwoods camping and hiking for the last two weeks.

What is the name of the software which runs our Minecraft Classic server, and what version is it? (Information can be gained inside the server):

Hawkserv Version 67.6.10

What have you done to help this server so far, and/or how do you plan to help once you become an operator?:

Active community member, abuse reporter, assistance provider, entertainer, suggestion promoters, conflict diffuser.

Once an Operator, my efforts will change to become more actively involved in the support aspects of Hawknet, and building will take a more passive, though equally, if not more grand, back seat.

Another Operator is pestering you, and you have the rank of Operator as well, what do you do?:

Politely and privately engage the other Operator in a discussion to discover the source of the pestering. If the source can not be easily addressed and the pestering becomes unbearable, then the operator will be asked directly to turn their attention elsewhere for the time being. If the situation can not be solved between the two of us, then a higher ranking member will be sent a private message to intervene.

Aggression and foul language would never be acceptable and would likely only escalate any conflict.

Name the current Admins and Ops of the server:

Administrators: Zion Fox, Haza, Rogiler, Techy, Bagelman, Ogara5

Super Operators: Dmason173, RedFox102, craftygirl2000, Satan360100, Hardscope, ohnoooew

Operator: Waffle1242, Igloosaurus, ozonez

Two words to describe you:

Contemplative, Compassionate

Signed:

Deaf_Justice

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon 14 Oct, 2013 - 8:47 pm 
Admin

Unfortunately, you didn't make this around of applications, however please feel free to apply again in the next round.

Offline Profile Send private message  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]