It is currently Fri 19 Apr, 2024 - 10:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue 11 Oct, 2011 - 11:07 pm 
Engineer

Username on Minecraft: Deaf_Justice

Rank at Hawknet Freebuild: Architect

Rough estimate of your time there so far: 1 month 5 days

What Timezone Are you in: Pacific Time Zone

Your Location: Washington State, United States of America

Languages you speak: English (fluent), minimal spanish, french, german, Japanese Minor (Going to Japan to become fluent shortly)

Do you hold a Beta account: Yes

An Operator is doing something you think is wrong, what do you do: Ask for an explaination for their actions in a private chat. If their actions don't seem justified I would ask them to stop and if applicable offer an alternative more productive suggestion. If the Operator is question refuses/ignores my request/suggestion I would tell them that I was going to bring it up with someone of higher authority to consider and let the higher authority take action if necessary.

You see someone griefing, yet no Ops are available to help you, and you're not an Operator yet. What do you do: As with an errant operator I would ask them for an explaination and make sure that they understand the rules of the server. If they are unresponsive or continue to grief for any reason I would take a screenshot of the grief with an accurate /b and report them in the Abuse report forum following the formatting guidelines.

Experience with being an Operator or higher rank on other servers (server name and experience): Dodge Them All (Spleef Paradise)- "Owner" (Admin equivilent, voted in due to contributions to the server)

What makes you better suited for this position than other applicants: All potential applicants will have their own positive and negative aspects, but my decotion to self improvement will allow me to eliminate any negative issues as they arise. I am also active during far more hours of the day than most people and am uninterested in the Beta server, so I can act as a classic dedicated and highly active positive force for the server.

How often do you read the server rules and the Terms and Conditions: I read the server rules daily and whenever I question someone's actions. I also reference the rules when alerting guests to their transgressions.

Can you cite any changes made to the rules/Terms in the past week: The Our details section looks unfamiliar, but I can't say whether it's a new addition or not.

What have you done to help this server so far, and/or how do you plan to help once you become an operator: I made a large number of grief reports, taught many new and old users how to use a numbe of new commands and blocks. I have assisted operators in projects including the themed maps, and have made some progress onthe community projects. I recently was awarded the "diplomant" award for assisting in defusing high tension situations and regularly do so without the presence of higher authorities.

Once I become an operator I intend to take more direct action against grief, take a larger role in adding flavor and personality to the server, and do my best to harbor a sense of security and acceptance amongsts all users.

Another Operator is pestering you, and you have the rank of Operator as well, what do you do:
As previously stated I would ask for clarification of actions in a private chat. If the explaination is not justifiable I would ask them to stop and direct them to an alternate solution if applicable. If I can assist them then I would offer a timeframe in which I could. Should the pestering be hostile and they refuse to stop when asked, I would recommend that they review the rules (While pointing out the specific rule that they're infringing on) and inform them that I will be bringing in someone of higher authority to work out the situation.

Name the current Admins and Ops of the server:

Admins:
Zionfox, Countyfan1, Haza666

Superops:
thewarpuppy, kakapoeooee, Jakelfc, Techy10, rogiler, Belgeran

Operators:
minian14, ammar18, lavaburrow, Redfox102, xerox218, ogara5, mapsapper

Two words to describe you:
Considerate, Persistant

Signed: Deaf_Justice

Offline Profile Send private message  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]