It is currently Sat 27 Apr, 2024 - 7:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lavaburrow Application
PostPosted: Thu 09 Jun, 2011 - 3:45 pm 
Builder

Username on Minecraft: Lavaburrow

Rank at Hawknet Freebuild: Agent

Rough estimate of your time there so far: Two and a Half Months

What Timezone Are you in: Mountain

Your Location? (Nothing more than country is required but you can be as specific as you like): Idaho, USA

Languages you speak? (Your native language plus any secondary languages): English and Spanish

An Operator is doing something you think is wrong, what do you do?: Contact an admin and let them know of the situation. Never confront the Operator directly about it.

You see someone griefing, yet no Ops are available to help you, and you're not an Operator yet. What do you do?: As an Agent I would warn them several times and try to explain to them that what they are doing is wrong. Some people just don't know the rules. If the griefing persisted I would temporarily ban them from the server and then inform the next Operator.

Experience with being an Operator or higher rank on other servers? (server name and experience): I've never been an Operator in Minecraft before, though I have been an Agent for quite some time. I also have many years of admin experience in games such as Starseige: Tribes and Counter-Strike: Source.

What makes you better suited for this position than other applicants?: I have much more admin experience than most other people who would apply. I am older and slightly more mature. I am very level headed and can make decisions without bias.

How often do you read the server rules and the Terms and Conditions?: I've read them a few times, everytime I hear there is an update to them I will go check it out.

Can you cite any changes made to the rules/Terms in the past week?: Rule 6 was changed. It used to be "Keep bad language to a minimum" and it is now "No Bad Language." This removes the loophole that was there previously.

What have you done to help this server so far, and/or how do you plan to help once you become an operator?:
I have done a lot to help the server. I am constantly alerting Operators of griefers or builds containing grief. If there aren't any Operators on I take action myself and remove the griefing from the server.

I am always helping people with their questions and am among the first to offer an answer. I've taught countless people how to use the commands and different tricks to build. I am quick to make friends with new players and offer a welcoming attitude to help them feel like they are a part of the server.

Another Operator is pestering you, and you have the rank of Operator as well, what do you do?:
Bring it up with them in private chat, never in public chat. When Operators argue in public chat it is unprofessional and is a terrible example for the lower ranked users. After bringing it up to them in private chat, if the situation was still not resolved, I would take it to the higher ups and trust their judgement.

Name the current Admins and Ops of the server?:
Admins: ZionFox (Developer), Countyfan1, Mapsapper
Super Operators: Haza666, Thewarpuppy, Kaka, Jake
Operators: Belgeran, Techy, Rogiler, Minian14, Ammar

Two words to describe you?:
Intelligent
Decisive

Signed:
Lavaburrow

Offline Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jun, 2011 - 2:44 pm 
Admin

Congratulations, your application has been accepted.

Welcome to the OpTeam.

Offline Profile Send private message  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]