It is currently Fri 29 Mar, 2024 - 1:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri 31 Dec, 2010 - 10:20 am 
Admin

The time it takes to load the world depends on several factors.

The first one being the time it takes to download the world to you. Obviously for advanced builders they would like a large enough area to perform large builds, a large map is needed for this. Depending on what has been built there, also varies on the download time. Every time you join the map you need to download the map from the server to your cache, however if you leave the cache is not stored. This is a limitation in Minecraft. Advbuilder is currently 848 kibibytes, which is 6,946,816 bits. Considering the server uploads at 300 kbits per second average would take around 30 seconds to begin with, there isn't much more i can do about that, other than upgrading my net connection, which i need money for.

The only way to make it faster is to give either yourself or the server a better internet connection. Currently the server's upload speed is between 300kbit and 500kbit. There is no real way of changing that, unless we get enough community support and donations to pay for a dedicated server in a datacentre, which can cost hundreds of pounds a month, and I just can't afford that.

The only work around is to have a smaller Advbuilder map, but then comes the limitation of space. The current advbuilder world is 512, 256, 512, which is twice the size of guest, and 4 times the height. Builder is only 128, 128, 128, and the largest you could ever do is 4096 4096 4096...

Sorry, but you just have to sit though it. There's nothing I can do without making it much smaller.

Offline Profile Send private message